Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

competitive soccer club for 12/13 years old in the south Dublin

• 03-06-2018 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi,
    We are moving back to Dublin next year and looking for a competitive soccer club for my 12 yrs old. We will be living in Dalkey area but the club doesn't need to be near home as long as it has a professional coaching staff and competitive we could travel. I've searched online and a couple of names came up. But I would like to get real information from real people : )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

All amateur underage clubs here in Ireland don't have professional paid coaches apart form maybe a small few. The nearest team would be Dalkey United which is local club would be all voluntary coaches. This I would imagine is more of local club and would be more fun rather than competitive.

Then there's theres Joey's which would have a more professional set up I'm not sure if they have professional coaches at that level but they might a number of their players have gone on to play professionally. There's also Cabinteely FC are a very big club in the area.

It sounds tenuous, but I used to know an ex Romanian u21 international and the last time I saw him, he was coaching kids at Dalkey United.

Remembering of course, a certain Paul McGrath learnt his trade there.

I’d say give them a call.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Joey's is probably a good place to start.

All volunteers, but its a definite route to something more if he has the skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Aegir wrote: »
    It sounds tenuous, but I used to know an ex Romanian u21 international and the last time I saw him, he was coaching kids at Dalkey United.

Remembering of course, a certain Paul McGrath learnt his trade there.

I’d say give them a call.

Franco has left Dalkey. Sorely missed, he was a wonderful guy.

If you want a professional setup, Cabinteely, Joeys (associated with Bray wanderers) and Shamrock Rovers will all have teams in the national U13 league that starts next season. That's the highest standard a kid could play at. They will all run open trials in the close season (everything is summer football here now).

Advertisement