Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ds160 visa

Options
  • 03-06-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Went to embassy Dublin june 1st for interview and was handed a221g white paper with only two problems passport not correct for entry to us...my passport is not up til Oct 2019 and I would be returning in DEC 2018..passport has to be in date 6 months after your return date so that doesn't seem to be right

Another problem was an administrative processing one

They kept all my documents and proof of work plus a letter from the employer in the states and said they would be in touch

I am needed to work in the harvesting side of work from June til end of Nov early DEC 2018 and would be returning home then

Any advice as I am bitterly disappointed

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I had my interview in April and also received a 221g. I sorted what they needed within a couple of days but it took them 3 weeks to finally approve my visa.

One of the items that was not correct was the Mater hospital had not put an expiration date on my medical, so no visa on the day. The embassy said they would get it sorted straight away, two weeks later they had not contacted the hospital. I ended up phoning the Mater myself and they sent a courier to the embassy to collect the paperwork and they got it fixed and brought straight back. I think the embassy has 60 days to respond after a 221g so I would suggest you email them and ask for clarification and explain the date on your passport.

I emailed them every couple of days asking for updates.

https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-unit-contact-form/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Moomoll

Thanks for the quick reply.. I'll definitely email every few days to keep on top of the matter...really hoping the employer in the states will petition for me and speed the process up ..
    I'll keep you posted...glad to hear all.worked out for you in the end

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Needs more context - what visa are you going for?

Non immigrant visa. DS160 for 6 months....denied under administration processing and passport even though that's not up til Oct 2019..can't be renewed early unless you've less than 12/months on it..so can't see how the passport can be deemed invalid for travel to the states.

The admin processing is on there side but still wasn't given any hope that it would be definitely issued... I have all employment documents for the job I m going to in america and how long it is for

That's basically it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Moomoll wrote: »
    Non immigrant visa. DS160 for 6 months....denied under administration processing and passport even though that's not up til Oct 2019..can't be renewed early unless you've less than 12/months on it..so can't see how the passport can be deemed invalid for travel to the states.

The admin processing is on there side but still wasn't given any hope that it would be definitely issued... I have all employment documents for the job I m going to in america and how long it is for

That's basically it

Yes but what kind of non immigrant visa (The DS160 can be used to apply for various visas IIRC). Did the employer petition for the visa? What kind of job is it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

What kind of job is it for?

"I am needed to work in the harvesting side of work from June til end of Nov early DEC 2018"

Sounds like H-2A temporary agriculture worker.

Yes but what kind of non immigrant visa (The DS160 can be used to apply for various visas IIRC). Did the employer petition for the visa? What kind of job is it for?

Temporary agricultural seasonal work June to early December..the employer provided proof of the employment and the base address but I don't think he petitioned... I was just told to give the documents he emailed to me at the embassy interview and apply for the Ds 160 before looking for an interview..

Advertisement