Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online business

Options
  • 03-06-2018 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, myself and a friend are in the early stages of starting an online business, using drop shippers as we don't want the stock cost to start off with, we have contacted a few local info centres and they don't seem to be able to help with the start up process of an online business. I know we have to register, but what about any other legal steps before we started selling, we are looking to use Shopify, Ebay etc, what about tax, liability, insurance etc, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Registration for VAT will be the main thing in terms of taxation. Paying PRSI, USC and PAYE will be another on your own wages. You'll also need to consider VAT on distance sales to other regions around the world. I.e. You pay vat on sales to France below a certain threshold here in Ireland, if you exceed that threshold, you pay vat in France instead at their vat rates.

You want to operate as a drop shipper. The best avenues I can see right now is Amazon, where we make most of our sales. However, the metrics you must meet can be very tight.

What suppliers have you looked at providing the service for?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I think you need a consultation of experienced guys like Miktysh company. I have online business too. The hardest thing is to manage all information. So I switched to another content management system according to Miktysh advice. Now my business is booming.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bradlin

Speak to your Local Enterprise Office - they can usually point you in the right direction of a good Mentor who will have done this sort of thing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

What market are you selling to?

Advertisement