Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive House Architect Recommendations

Options
  • 03-06-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello, I looking for a Certified Passive House Architect for a new build in West Cork.

Any suggestions past experience advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I will also be looking for a structural engineer and QS.

More Info; Looking to build a two-story 200 m2 house to a Passive standard, Thinking of going the direct labour route :-/.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

D/L for such a project is plumb crazy.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Would be better to get ‘shell & core’ contractor, and m&e contractor and direct labour the finishes (if you really want the headache)

you need shell & core contractor for accountability to be responsible for compliance with design details & 1st Air test. m&e contractor to be responsible for part L compliance including UFH/heating system/MVHR and final Air test ( they should witness the first test, and be handed over the building to complete their part)

Personally I would figure out a way to reduce the footprint by 10/20% and make the whole contract one guys responsibilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianwake

Thanks, BryanF
    Yes, I would consider a shell & core contractor.
    Any recommendations for Passive House experienced contractor in Beara West Cork Area?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianwake

Could anyone recommend a Passive House Architect in Cork or West Cork area?

Advertisement