Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for business google

Options
  • 03-06-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A business I reviewed on Google due to poor service has now changed there name and details when you search them to mine. My name, address and phone number.
    Anyone know where I can go with this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hi,
    A business I reviewed on Google due to poor service has now changed there name and details when you search them to mine. My name, address and phone number.

What's the name of the business?

So we can pop around and have a cup of tay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's petty almost to the point of being impressive. Are they Irish based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Tim Berners Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Blow yourself up outside their HQ. That will show 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Blow yourself up outside their HQ. That will show 'em.

We've all tried that.

Very few succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Obviously OP you start answering the phone while pretending to be them and act the complete dickhead to get them more bad reviews.

Or just contact google

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

somefeen wrote: »
    Obviously OP you start answering the phone while pretending to be them and act the complete dickhead to get them more bad reviews.

Or just contact google

It's the contact for Google I need, but it's all geared towards the business owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It's the contact for Google I need, but it's all geared towards the business owners

Oh hang on, let me Google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=contact+google

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

How bad was your review?!

somefeen wrote: »

Or just contact google

• Advertisement

Well a kitchen started in first week of Feb is still not finished, terrible quality.
    Wasn't great but was factual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

OP Ah Go On Go On Go On Go On Go On Go On

Sure tis a Sunny Bank Holiday :)

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    OP Ah Go On Go On Go On Go On Go On Go On

Sure tis a Sunny Bank Holiday :)

It was a one star. If anyone wants company name I can pm

Oh hang on, let me Google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=contact+google

I have tried but the supports around business are more for wrong info, bad review, ad words etc. Can't find anything how I can get a company to take my name off thier business Google search

• Registered Users Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Won't do much for the business if they can't be contacted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I think you will find they took the money and ran. Expect phone calls from a few other unlucky customers.
    Sorry dude.

I think you will find they took the money and ran. Expect phone calls from a few other unlucky customers.
    Sorry dude.

Kitchen is actually about 95% done. It's the fact it took four months of nightmare to get it done.
    Actually spoke to another customer through FB who has worse done by same chap.

Kitchen is actually about 95% done. It's the fact it took four months of nightmare to get it done.

Were they a reputable company or some Facebook friend of a friend?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

He knowingly put your private information into the public domain.

Sounds like a GDPR violation to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Contact the business, by phone / email and then writing.

If no response, go to https://dataprotection.ie/

Drop me a PM with the link to the business and I'll see if I can talk to someone in Google - however, that person might only do maps, not reviews.

• Advertisement

He knowingly put your private information into the public domain.

Sounds like a GDPR violation to me!

You will find they have no insurance and nothing to sue them for. These crowds are rife at the moment. They fit their own ikea kitchen and think it’s easy. Then they set up a company doing them and realize it’s harder than they thought and spoof it until the wheels fall off.
    There’s plenty of people getting done over by bathroom crowds as well.

Hmmm. I remember dealing with a kitchen company in Swords in the past year that had awful reviews, which reflected my own experience. I just checked and the entire company's existence seems to have been wiped from the internet with the exception of a single reference to its link to a tile business elsewhere in the city. Pretty impressive.

They are a long standing company with an office in Tullamore. AXIS business park.

I am sure they have insurance and everything, just very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Victor wrote: »

Yeah, ring the number on the review and call the person who answers a cunt

I would except it's mine.
    He even changed company description from kitchen supplier to equipment supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

Hi,

I’d head for Clontarf.

That’s always a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dollylama

They are a long standing company with an office in Tullamore. AXIS business park.

I am sure they have insurance and everything, just very poor

Are they the crowd showing up on Google as "Boyle" ??

Not sure how they done this as I thought to change and address or phone number on a Google Business listing required either postal or phone validation

I've dealt with G Business in the past. I'll see if I can dig up a contact path though I reckon it's not gonna be an easy one to get fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Victor wrote: »

I would except it's mine.
    He even changed company description from kitchen supplier to equipment supplier

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Try Google support or get more people to spam his reviews.

Another thing you could do would be to create a webpage criticizing his business.

Try and get the domain name the same as his company or similar and optimize it SEO wise for his business. It will always be displayed in organic rankings once it has been indexed by Google .

Topic and content of page could be “why you should never do business with ....”
    that’ll fix him. Some stroke he had pulled changing google business name to your site.

• Advertisement

He has now started to put up Google street view of outside my house

Advertisement