Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation of New York Hotels

Options
  • 03-06-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations of hotels in New york for 5 nights?

Looking for something reasonable in price and close to the center

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations of hotels in New york for 5 nights?

Looking for something reasonable in price and close to the center

We stayed in hotel Edison. It’s less than 100 m to Times Square, Starbucks across the road and newsagent/deli next door. No Resturant in it, it’s basic but does the job quite well. If you’re in NYC you prob won’t be spending much time in your hotel room anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Also not opposed to Airbnb

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    We stayed in hotel Edison. It’s less than 100 m to Times Square, Starbucks across the road and newsagent/deli next door. No Resturant in it, it’s basic but does the job quite well. If you’re in NYC you prob won’t be spending much time in your hotel room anyway

+1 for the Edison

Location wise it is near perfect and hopefully they are finished refurbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭rameire

Newton Hotel on 96th and Broadway, its on an express subway stop.
    or Hotel Metro, you can see Macy's from their Front Door, and you have the Empire just above you.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I would recommend the Edison as well , while it might be the most upmarket hotel it is perfect location especially if traveling to New York for first time. It was getting a good refurbished when we stayed. It had deli’s and shops right outside.
    Very handy for Broadway and Central Park all other areas are easily accessible by subway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Citizen M on 50th. Great location and a lovely hotel. Has a rooftop bar and a small bar for nibbles in the evenings

Or the Hotel Mela on 44th, good value and an excellent location next to Times Square

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Stayed in Hotel Mela before, great small boutique hotel with an excellent location - 122W 44 St, so just off Times Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

will56 wrote: »
    Citizen M on 50th. Great location and a lovely hotel. Has a rooftop bar and a small bar for nibbles in the evenings

Or the Hotel Mela on 44th, good value and an excellent location next to Times Square

Are the rooms not tiny in the citizen m rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi, sorry for jumping on board this thread but also looking for a hotel recommendation in NY
    Going with 2 teenagers, so either a suite with 2 rroms so they have their space or with adjoining rooms
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Probably a bit late but the Renwick (Hilton owned) is one of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere.

I tend to avoid Times Square hotels, I would look at something close to Central Park or something in Midtown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I managed to book the wellington for 4 nights for $600, hope it’s not too bad!! After all, will only be sleeping there .

Advertisement