Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to DE Shaving

• 03-06-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Apologies if this is old hat but couldn't find a recent thread..

I bought the starter kit on shaving.ie last week and so far have shaved twice with the safety razor. I have watched videos on YouTube but tonight i found myself having to "finish off" my shave with a cartridge razor to get as close a shave as I wanted. I tried a Muhle blade for the first shave and tonight used an Astra but still didnt get anywhere near as close a shave as I wanted, with 3 passes....

Is it a case of trial and error with the blades until I find the right one or just more practice?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Lots of possibilities as to why you are not getting a close shave, but the main difference for me is the angle of the razor - for carts the razor is more or less parallel to your face, whilst with a DR razor, the razor should be at around 30 degree angle (obviously can differ for razor and blade). I suggest trying differing razor angles until you get that "bite" where razor is cutting bristle perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

As well as checking your angles, also let the weight of the razor do the cutting - be gentle moving the razor around the face, and use short short strokes, rinsing regularly. I find this helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

Thanks for the replies. I had thought it may have been the angle so I will just have to keep practising I guess! I have watched a lot of videos on the process so think I am doing everything right.

Thanks again....

Advertisement