Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twelfth lock to city center cycle path?

Options
  • 03-06-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Is there a cycle path from the twelfth lock that goes as far as the city center?

I was looking online there and saw something about a greenway path but I can’t find a definitive answer. A lot of talk of them doing it but can’t find a map etc..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Yes there is :)

And it's excellent too! It ends at North Strand

Between Ashtown and Broombridge is narrow so if you a bell to alert the walkers that'd be good but it's usually quiet

Drumcondra is the busiest road crossing and might make sense to join the road there if you want city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Yes there is :)

And it's excellent too! It ends at North Strand

Between Ashtown and Broombridge is narrow so if you a bell to alert the walkers that'd be good but it's usually quiet

Drumcondra is the busiest road crossing and might make sense to join the road there if you want city centre

Is it road bike track or trails?

Thanks for the reply btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

it's very good standard

No problem for a road bike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Drumcondra to North strand is often littered with broken glass. Better on North circular if you ask me after whitworth road

Advertisement