Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay parking in towns.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

GBX wrote: »
    Back on topic :D

1200px-Merseyside_Fire_and_Rescue_Motorbike.jpg
    I need to get me one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

Because its private property, the cops wouldnt entertain it. They'd say it was a private dispute.

Why didn't he just cut it off? Private company they would never take you to court it would cost them more than the clamp is worth.

I work there and every day I see at least 5 clamps littered all over the place from the builders simply cutting them off, I'm surprised they still bother clamping them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Because its private property, the cops wouldnt entertain it. They'd say it was a private dispute.

Is it actually private property though would be interested in the ownership of that footpath. Could be an over zealous security guard.

It would be rare enough that the footpath is owned by the company surely as wouldn't that leave them open to litigation for accidents by pedestrians.

Would like to see the details of that property..

Update.

Checked it out hey do owned the whole block and blocks around it. Would be interested if DCC operate around there on the roads themselves as it all appears to be private property intriguing

I made some enquiries into this and have been told by a traffic warden that the town he and his co workers are based in will not put a ticket on a motorbike unless it is causing an obstruction on a footpath, blocking an entry or parked on a double yellow line. The reason? exactly as we discussed earlier in the thread ,ie where do you put the ticket on the bike and what's to stop someone taking it and using it on their car. So It looks as if we can park in peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I made some enquiries into this and have been told by a traffic warden that the town he and his co workers are based in will not put a ticket on a motorbike unless it is causing an obstruction on a footpath, blocking an entry or parked on a double yellow line. The reason? exactly as we discussed earlier in the thread ,ie where do you put the ticket on the bike and what's to stop someone taking it and using it on their car. So It looks as if we can park in peace!

I wouldn't count anything they say unless it's all in writing to be honest.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I wouldn't count anything they say unless it's all in writing to be honest.
    The lad I spoke to is a former colleague ,I have no reason to disbelieve him to be honest. Whether they take the same approach in other counties I couldn't say. ;)

Advertisement