Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin activities for pre-school child with low muscle tone?

Options
  • 04-06-2018 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

My family and I are thinking of moving from Auckland, New Zealand to Dublin.

My son is 3 y/o and has low muscle tone due to hyper joint mobility. He did have a public health physio assigned to him until he was 2 y/o, after which he was discharged because the physio indicated that we were doing more for him than she could possibly do in one session per month.

My wife and I dedicate a large portion of time each week going to activities that help his muscle tone, balance etc. for example, junior football, swimming classes, toddler obstacle course (aimed at children with gross motor difficulties), trampoline sessions etc.

An unfounded concern we have is that we may not be able to find similar activities for pre-school kids in Dublin.

Can anyone recommend organised activities/classes in Dublin for pre-school kids that are fun and provide good exercise? If they are aimed at kids with gross motor issues that's a huge bonus.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

this is a great club for young boys , otherwise there are lots of camp style activities for young kids around Dublin, it would depend of where you end up living but i dont think you would have a problem

http://www.phoenixgymnastics.ie/

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

http://www.thecoachhouse.club/exercise-movement-class-for-children-with-autism/

Not exactly what you are looking for but might be useful for others. I don't know of any others.
    But you could contact them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Swimming and horse riding should be accessible anywhere and they are probably the most beneficial activities you can do. If you're Southside dublin there is gymnastic class led by OT's in leixlip which would be ideal. I think it's in excel gymnastics. I'm sure by now you also do lots of activities with balance and trampolines who at home. I wouldn't worry too much, you'll find plenty to do. Good luck with the move.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my daughter is hyper mobile too.
    She attends physio and wears ankle orthotics/splints/supports,but no issue with muscle tone.
    There is kids dancing,soccer,swimming,excel gymnastics in Celbridge.
    Good luck with the move.

Advertisement