Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice before ttc

Options
  • 04-06-2018 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've a 15 month who was conceived the first week we started trying. I hope we will start again next April. However, all that time with next to no sleep has taken its toll. I'm still breastfeeding and am wiped. Any advice on how to get myself in the best nick for ttc again. Last time I was super fit, healthy and rested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Have you considered night weaning? Pregnancy is utterly exhausting so you’ll definitely need to have the little one sleeping through before you go down that road. That would be the first thing I would work on - getting more sleep!

Then also taking multivitamins, eating well, getting plenty of light exercise, no smoking, and cut down on alcohol. Same goes for your partner.

I have a 16 month old and am 21 weeks pregnant. I was still breastfeeding when we conceived, but stopped at around 7 weeks pregnant as my supply dipped, he was biting a lot, and I was just so sick and so exhausted that I felt I had nothing left to give. Thankfully he started sleeping through around this time. I did need lots of help from family with childcare as I was really sick. I was lucky to have the help. This may be something worth making a rough plan for too.

Advertisement