Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

housing statistics - page not found :)

Options
  • 04-06-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Were probably about 1-2 years now with stupid high rents. People are getting really pissied at the Goverment because it they are doing nothing

Today I though I would go to the source to get the latest figures and at least give them a chance.

http://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/statistics/housing-statistics

clicked on "House price statistics" page not found...

It really is a bad joke at this stage, the government don't give a sh1t....

I really hope Fine Gael get a hammering in the election and wipe the smirk of their faces.

We need a Goverment that will really ramp up high rise development. put together a proper plan with milestones and estimates of delivery.

I see more companies are looking to move here since brexit which will push up rent even higher.... I don't know, I think the only other options are to leave Dublin/Ireland for a few years.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Were probably about 1-2 years now with stupid high rents. People are getting really pissied at the Goverment because it they are doing nothing

Today I though I would go to the source to get the latest figures and at least give them a chance.

http://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/statistics/housing-statistics

clicked on "House price statistics" page not found...

It really is a bad joke at this stage, the government don't give a sh1t....

I really hope Fine Gael get a hammering in the election and wipe the smirk of their faces.

We need a Goverment that will really ramp up high rise development. put together a proper plan with milestones and estimates of delivery.

I see more companies are looking to move here since brexit which will push up rent even higher.... I don't know, I think the only other options are to leave Dublin/Ireland for a few years.

:(

Actually most people believe it or not are happy with the situation as their property prices are increasing and they don't care about rent as they own. The people who do care are in the minority and in general it's the younger generation who either just get on with it or emigrate. There's nobody out on the streets protesting.

The Government are also happy with rising house prices as it increases their tax receipts and keeps the banks balance sheets looking well. They also have the double whammy of high rents where they get to take a sweet chunk of income tax from landlords. There's a reason all their tinkering around the edges has failed to improve things, in fact it's had the opposite effect. It's all part of the plan. That or they are genuinely really dumb and I give them a bit more credit than that.

Advertisement