Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning permission (query)

Options
  • 04-06-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Advice needed.

A neighbour of mine recently purchased their property, few weeks in now and he has purchased what I estimate as 100 9inch solid blocks. It seems he is either constructing a shed or laying a patio out the back.

Does he need planning permission for this work? There is a 7ft wall between us but now he has laid the blocks he can tower over the wall and almost like he is standing in our garden! I don't have any personal issue with them, I say hello and am polite. I think as its a permanent structure there should be some sort of sign in the front garden with details of proposed works?

I'm living in a housing estate, semi detached 3 bed.

Properties are not listed buildings etc.

Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Hi all,

Advice needed.

A neighbour of mine recently purchased their property, few weeks in now and he has purchased what I estimate as 100 9inch solid blocks. It seems he is either constructing a shed or laying a patio out the back.

Does he need planning permission for this work? There is a 7ft wall between us but now he has laid the blocks he can tower over the wall and almost like he is standing in our garden! I don't have any personal issue with them, I say hello and am polite. I think as its a permanent structure there should be some sort of sign in the front garden with details of proposed works?

I'm living in a housing estate, semi detached 3 bed.

Properties are not listed buildings etc.

Any advice would be helpful.

Planning Leaflet 5 lists the general guide to what requires planning permission and what does not.

Generally speaking, unless specifically stated in the contract, a garden shed & garden structure wont require planning permission if its floor area is below 12 meters squared, and doesn't reduce the open garden space to less than 25 meters squared and doesn't exceed 4m in height.

Thats a general guideline and you would need to check with the council if you think its not applicable to your area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP, please don't open multiple threads for the same topic.

The other forum you have posted this in is probably more relevant.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement