Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raised by the Village.

• 04-06-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Two teens are sent to the countryside to wake them up a bit.
    One lad was sent to Carrigallen in Co.Leitrim to stay with a local farmer and fencing contractor, Richie Nixon.
    Could be fun!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The girl needs a kick in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The Irish version of 'National Service'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

That girl is a real spoiled brat!!!

I don't understand how they get like this. Do their parents not put manmers on them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

trixychic wrote: »
    That girl is a real spoiled brat!!!

I don't understand how they get like this. Do their parents not put manmers on them???

No they don’t.
    Too many want to be best friends with their kids rather than proper parents, the result is nobody is setting boundaries or expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

The young lad is playing ball at least. The girl on the other hand.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

No idea what ye are talking about.
    Any link?

No idea what ye are talking about.
    Any link?

RTE 1 had it on tonight. It's still on +1. It's a new programme.

_Brian wrote: »
    No they don’t.
    Too many want to be best friends with their kids rather than proper parents, the result is nobody is setting boundaries or expectations.

The kids suffer because of it. It's just ridiculous!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

The kids suffer because of it. It's just ridiculous!!!
    What happened to the young goats, why are they suffering? The more this tread goes on the more confusing it gets.

RTE 1 had it on tonight. It's still on +1. It's a new programme.

Then RTE player later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What happened to the young goats, why are they suffering? The more this tread goes on the more confusing it gets.

My father used to do this.
    It was stupid and annoying then.
    It still is now.

Dakota Dan wrote: »

The kids cleaned up after the donkeys.

Ah keep up Dan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/raised-by-the-village-30005293/10887887/

If you don't mind sitting through the boring adds to get it playing.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/raised-by-the-village-30005293/10887887/

If you don't mind sitting through the boring adds to get it playing.

Actually thought it was good. The lad from kimmage really thrived in the atmosphere in leitrim. The family he was with were really nice. Kinda welled up as he was saying goodbye to them. Hope he gets his life on track. Obviously intelligent kid. Is it a series or once off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

They will have plenty of candidates for future shows as the rock and rollers are firing out young lads for income and free houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

The lad wasn't to bad I just think he couldn't be bothered but got on great with the family.

The girl on the other hand had no respect for her mother. The mother was far to soft with her.

Kinda stupid to think a week with someone else will solve all the problems at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

The girl in show lost her father a few years back, it just looks like the mother tries not to give her too much of a hard time because of this not realising she is doing more harm than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pat Treacy

Certainly one half don't know how the other half live,that woman in Cork handled her well fair play to her.

I think I heard there's another episode tomorrow?? Or is that a reply??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I thought it was a good show . Especially seems as it had a goodwill feeling about it .
    It didn't take much to give both kids a different and better approach to life .
    Will it be on again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

It's back ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

While its entertaining, I dont like the premise.

What they do say - city life bad, country life good.

City life, kids spend all day on screens and have nothing to do; country life they are out in the fresh country air.

Not sure how much I agree, I would consider country life quite limiting. For example, the roads are too dangerous for a child to go out on a bike or even to walk along the side of a road. Kids have to be driven everywhere.

What they dont say - we are taking kids out of poor areas and putting them into middle class families, where of course things are done better. But thats what it looks like to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

I know such families exist but, God its gruesome watching how perfect the country families are. There are many a country family where a child goes off the rails. And getting them up at six o clock every morning don't fix them. Now myown are young always and it will take work and a bit of luck to have them all grown and happy responsible adults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I dont understand why the kids are let stay up until all hours on their console or phone. Just turn off the wifi. Constant gaming at that age does their head in. Especially on a school night. Also having the console in the bedroom can't be good either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭ax530

Started watching this maybe it replays.

Wonder is the big difference work, the farm children work a lot most kids dont have this work to do at home. If they not doing homework just end up on phone too much.

Seems to be sunny long days for any episodes I've seen. Wet school days cant see the farm teems have much time to work.

Maybe it would be good enterprises similar to Gealtacht. Off line farming work week for teens.

Great job done selecting the families they all coming across very well.

Advertisement