Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term mortgage while house is selling

Options
  • 04-06-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We are looking to move house but am wondering is it possible to get the money to buy the new house while my own is being sold without having to go through the strict mortgage approval process?
    House is finance free but i wouldnt have the funds to finance the new one but the sale of my current house would more than cover the new one and more.
    Can a bank take the house i have for sale into consideration?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Without having to go through strict process like everyone else is a definite no.

But it's possible to get one and clear it when you can, talk to your broker/advisor.

Banks won't be massively keen though, they will be giving you a 6 figure sum and won't make much profit in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You're basically talking about a bridging loan. They are long gone at this stage.

You form a chain and sell yours and buy the new one on the same day with various other parties doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's called a bridging loan and though much harder to get than before you can still get it.

If your own bank give you the run around try a broker. Google, bridging loaned Ireland & you will find brokers offer them

Advertisement