Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room with a dog?

Options
  • 04-06-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've tried for weeks now finding a room in Leixlip where I would be allowed to live with my dog. Noticed that this place isn't very dog friendly at all lately.. And for some reason, everyone thinks that dogs chew on EVERYTHING and do their needs inside..

Does anyone know of a pet friendly landlord or place or whatever close to Leixlip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

you'll be looking at a room in a shared house rather than a full rental id say, that and theres no apartment block in leixlip that allows dogs for anyone. Try find a group of younger people trying to fill a room.

Id probably try maynooth if it suits , a lot more 'student' type accommodation there where landlords aren't as precious about furniture.

the reality of it is that rentals were never dog friendly, maybe offering the landlord double deposit and to pay for a professional clean on your leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look for ground floor studio apartments. If you get one that looks a bit sh|t, take it, as unfortunately you won't get much of a choice.

Most LL's are of the opinion that if it's good, they'll rent it to people without animals, but if it needs work, there's more chance that they'll rent it to someone with a pet.

Advertisement