Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician Cork for new Triton Shower

Options
  • 04-06-2018 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hey any suggestions for electricians in Cork to replace an electric shower.

If the details matter I want to go from busted 8.5kw triton T90si to the new silent T90sr which is 9kw. But it’s still a straight swap and a new 40ma mcb in the consumer unit it as far as I know. So no more than 1 hours work. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Most plumbers should be able to do that, don't think an electrician would touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

roundymac wrote: »
    Most plumbers should be able to do that, don't think an electrician would touch.

To replace an electric shower!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

To replace an electric shower!!!!:eek:

Presumably, if done by the book, you'd need a plumber and an electrician?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

roundymac wrote: »

Good advice, except it's illegal for a plumber to go at electrics in a bathroom. :mad:

Don't blame me, it's the rules.
    This has restricted a lot of plumbers who earned a large portion of their income off showers.
    Ask RECI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I got Andrew Dowling (Downing?) to do mine a few years ago . Has good reputation as far as I'm aware

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

seefin wrote: »
    I got Andrew Dowling (Downing?) to do mine a few years ago . Has good reputation as far as I'm aware

Cheers I went with Andrew Dowling in the end.

He was good to deal with on the phone. He couldn't make it the same day himself but sent another lad over to do the work. He was decent, only took about an hour and half.

So from first phone call to new shower installed done and dusted was only like 4 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

Lekrub wrote: »
    Cheers I went with Andrew Dowling in the end.

He was good to deal with on the phone. He couldn't make it the same day himself but sent another lad over to do the work. He was decent, only took about an hour and half.

So from first phone call to new shower installed done and dusted was only like 4 hrs.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

seefin wrote: »

Plus one on Andrew Dowling. Excellent service and has 99.9% of spare parts for repairs and service in the van at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Munster2018

Got work done by Dowling too. Good service. Replacement of a Mira QT Elite was 390

Advertisement