Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrambler bikes in Clonsilla

Options
  • 04-06-2018 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

3rd weekend a row now, 2 idiots racing around Clonsilla train station and surrounding estates on scramblers. Tearing up and down greens with kids out playing and in and out of bushes. Has anyone else noticed this or should just be considered normal acceptable behavour in Dublin 15?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You've reported reckless riding to the Gardaí before coming on here I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Indeed I have, on 2 occasions. Both times I was told that It has already been reported and is being dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Report it to a few councillors too - ideally those on the Fingal JPC
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/community-and-leisure/community-development-and-activities/joint-policing-committee/
    The Community Gardai (phone 666-7020) might be more helpful than the front desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Every day here but sure I'm up in the 'ghetto' of Mulhuddart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Make a video if you can. Maybe even post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I wonder will anything be done now after an innocent person has been severly injured, bike landed on his head while sunbathing

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-fighting-for-his-life-after-scrambler-motorbike-lands-on-his-head-in-dublin-park-36995357.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

There's some f**king arse hole driving one of these right now at nearly 10PM for at least the last 60 - 80 minutes on the fields around Mountview S.C

Feel bad for people trying to get there young kids to sleep with the noise of these bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Sure it will never stop when you have absolute braindead parents buying them for there kids to "enjoy" themselves. Knowing they cause chaos everywhere they go. I think these people are pure lowest of the low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Had this behind my house a few years ago. Had a word with the "charming" mother who couldn't see why anyone would want to stop her son having fun.
    Anyhow I went for a stroll around the path they had made and somehow a load of plasterers slab nails fell out of my pocket during the stroll.
    Saw the young lads walking down with wheels a few times to the tyre shop.
    It was all finished within two days as multiple punctures are not cheap to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Same in Hartstown/HuntsTown. Fûcking cùnt. Can't wait until one of them breaks their necks.

Over the last 3 years is has gotten ridiculous. Have called the cops probably 100 times. They are completely useless. Arrive up an hour after these scumbags have left.

Another aspect is the petrol stations selling the fuel to these scrotes. They should be forced to refuse the sale of fuel (don't know how it would work) to these arsèholes.

Apparently the cops cannot chase them due to 'public safety' and if they do catch them, they are probably minors and no action can be taken. So, cops don't bother because they know its pointless. Also, they don't have the power to seize the bikes either (open to correction). The parents should be held to account and ASBOs should be issued and enforced.

jim salter wrote: »
    Same in Hartstown/HuntsTown. Fûcking cùnt. Can't wait until one of them breaks their necks.

Over the last 3 years is has gotten ridiculous. Have called the cops probably 100 times. They are completely useless. Arrive up an hour after these scumbags have left.

Another aspect is the petrol stations selling the fuel to these scrotes. They should be forced to refuse the sale of fuel (don't know how it would work) to these arsèholes.

Apparently the cops cannot chase them due to 'public safety' and if they do catch them, they are probably minors and no action can be taken. So, cops don't bother because they know its pointless. Also, they don't have the power to seize the bikes either (open to correction). The parents should be held to account and ASBOs should be issued and enforced.

If they are minors, just fine or lock up the parents. They have to be held responsible for their offspring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

jim salter wrote: »

From what I understand, the young fellas driving theses bikes often don't wear protective gear and that's a key component as to why the guards don't pursue them. The guards seem to fear that if they chase them and these youths are injured in an accident they will be held responsible.

Bad parenting 100%. Who on earth thinks a child flying around Irish roads with obviously no license or insurance (or road safety knowledge ) is a good idea?

forward8 wrote: »
    From what I understand, the young fellas driving theses bikes often don't wear protective gear and that's a key component as to why the guards don't pursue them. The guards seem to fear that if they chase them and these youths are injured in an accident they will be held responsible.

Bad parenting 100%. Who on earth thinks a child flying around Irish roads with obviously no license or insurance (or road safety knowledge ) is a good idea?

Scumbags think it's a great idea.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cordless nail gun, bang bang to the tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A gang of them were at it over here from the estate beside mine. Went on for months. One day they kept on giving it loads outside the Clondalkin garda station. Come the evening, garda helicopter goes over the house belonging to the ringleader and lit it up with the night sun and a number of cars arrived up and had words with the father. Never had anymore problems with them anymore. The Garda know who ride these things and all it needs is a show of force to tackle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Ironically Mulhuddart is one of the few areas in Fingal, let alone Dublin 15 to have an actual purpose built Motocross track. This is a join initiative between the Mulhuddart Motocross Club and Fingal County Council, to encourage riders to use their bikes in a responsible manner on a designated, purpose built track. I have no direction connection with the club, however I have been an Motocross enthusiast for many many years and undestand the frustrations and iritations that unauthorised riding causes, let alone the danger it presents from irresponsible riding.

The Mulhuddart Motocross Club (MMC) 2018 has a Facebook page which riders can join up and find out when the next practice session is on. The track is located on the Left hand side of the Parlickstown Road, where organised practice sessions are regurarly held.
    beertons wrote: »
    Cordless nail gun, bang bang to the tyres.

Hate to dissapoint you, but motocross tyres are tubeless and puncture proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I have been an Motocross enthusiast for many many years and undestand the frustrations and iritations that unauthorised riding causes...

Out of interest, is there any sign of a move towards electric bikes for motocross? I have no problem with people having the craic so long as it's in a safe and segregated area, but the biggest problem with motocross is the noise pollution.

Out of interest, is there any sign of a move towards electric bikes for motocross? I have no problem with people having the craic so long as it's in a safe and segregated area, but the biggest problem with motocross is the noise pollution.

A number of manufacturers Alta and KTM, are producing Electric MX bikes in small numbers. The biggest draw back is that the range is rather limited and the cost is 50% to 75% more than a similar 2 stroke or 4 stroke (petrol) equivalent. It is my own estimation that it will be at least 10/20 years before they become common place.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    A number of manufacturers Alta and KTM, are producing Electric MX bikes in small numbers. The biggest draw back is that the range is rather limited and the cost is 50% to 75% more than a similar 2 stroke or 4 stroke (petrol) equivalent. It is my own estimation that it will be at least 10/20 years before they become common place.

These are a scourge in the area. They love taking that path by the canal too. Reckless noise pollution.

• Advertisement

sm3ar wrote: »
    These are a scourge in the area. They love taking that path by the canal too. Reckless noise pollution.

Why did you use my post as it is there as background information, in response to a question by another contributor. I am equally opposed to the unauthorised and irresponsible riding of motocross bikes in public places!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was in Mulhuddart cemetery this evening around 7.30/8 and there was two in the patch of land between the cemetery and roundabout - can only imagine that poxy noise daily!

Advertisement