Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair delays Summmer 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

Current 2018 timetable is at

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/Flight-Information-Documents/daa-summer-timetable-2018_v5.pdf?sfvrsn=4

if you search for budapest you should find what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

basill wrote: »
    They wouldn't be telling porkies now would they? A check of the AL flight status web showed the early Faro, Barcelona and Madrid flights all running on time or early. All operate through the Spanish sectors.

I'm screenshotting the airport departures list every half hour or so as I expect a fight over 261.

The FR flights from here to Brussels, London, Paris etc are leaving within 20mins of sked and all operate through Spanish airspace. OPO-DUB probably has the shortest time in Spanish ATC of the lot!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

basill wrote: »
    They wouldn't be telling porkies now would they? A check of the AL flight status web showed the early Faro, Barcelona and Madrid flights all running on time or early. All operate through the Spanish sectors.
    Isnt there something about EI being able to operate thru Oceanic airspace but that Ryanair cant?

Tenger wrote: »
    Isnt there something about EI being able to operate thru Oceanic airspace but that Ryanair cant?

They're getting to London fine.

Looks like an entire frame is out today as a later flight is cancelled entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Tenger wrote:

Ryanair operate oceanic routes too. Canaries, Lisbon, Faro etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Those were the old days. Very few of the FR aircraft had HF radios fitted. Nowadays the Tango routes are approved for them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Flew Hamburg Dublin this morning

Bused to the plane but we were all boarded 10 minutes before the expected flight start time so things running like a dream

Then we went nowhere and 10 minutes after our expected start time another crew of pilots and cabin staff in their uniforms and hi vis got on. Must be getting a lift to Dublin and they found whatever spare seats they could get

However 10 minutes after that the captain said we had missed our slot to take off and we would have to wait 20 minutes but they had requested the next available and we expect to leave in 5-10 minutes

In the end our 10:15 departure took off at 10:50

It was pure needless, everyone was on and we were set to go. I've been in many delays sure we all have but I was never delayed by another crew, oh well
    I wouldn’t even consider that a delay to be honest, you left 35 mins after the scheduled departure, that kind of time would be built into the block time of most flights anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Flew Hamburg Dublin this morning

Bused to the plane but we were all boarded 10 minutes before the expected flight start time so things running like a dream

Then we went nowhere and 10 minutes after our expected start time another crew of pilots and cabin staff in their uniforms and hi vis got on. Must be getting a lift to Dublin and they found whatever spare seats they could get

However 10 minutes after that the captain said we had missed our slot to take off and we would have to wait 20 minutes but they had requested the next available and we expect to leave in 5-10 minutes

In the end our 10:15 departure took off at 10:50

It was pure needless, everyone was on and we were set to go. I've been in many delays sure we all have but I was never delayed by another crew, oh well

Fair enough, but were you late on arrival?
    Did they play the God awful bloody music?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

not a CTOT breach ? Sounds like a CTOT miss and back into the pot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

27 cancellations today already.

76 yesterday.

79 on Saturday.

187 on Friday...

Those figures also include LaudaMotion flights which there are alot of. 12 today for example.

• Advertisement

Stevek101 wrote:
    Those figures also include LaudaMotion flights which there are alot of. 12 today for example.

There have been 588 Ryanair flights cancelled since June 1st!!

54 of those were LaudaMotion flights operated by Ryanair crew and using their aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

There have been 588 Ryanair flights cancelled since June 1st!!

54 of those were LaudaMotion flights operated by Ryanair crew and using their aircraft.

Out of pure interest.......anywhere to link to that info? Not doubting - just interested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

FR 1182 SNN - LGW departed nearly 2 hrs. late this evening.

35051746_10213627082243631_8969649781601206272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=848c9e60dbd4fd6f8e4f0bf0b6b0a6ef&oe=5BA77745

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Blut2

Is this likely to just get worse and worse as the summer goes on and more of their pilots use up their hours allowance? Or do Ryanair have anything in the works to help mitigate the problem - big batches of new hires or anything?

5h44 total delay admitted by FR - seems about right and not something that requires checking exactly as its well over the 261 level and well under what my travel insurance starts paying out for (8h)

The email says the details are for travel insurance claims and never mentions 261!

Minister wrote: »
    Out of pure interest.......anywhere to link to that info? Not doubting - just interested. Thanks.

https://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryanair-services/cancellations.php?date=2018-06-11

Blut2 wrote: »
    Is this likely to just get worse and worse as the summer goes on and more of their pilots use up their hours allowance? Or do Ryanair have anything in the works to help mitigate the problem - big batches of new hires or anything?

It'll get worse.

Ryanair are hemorrhaging staff.
    They can't retain Captains and despite their attempts to recruit experienced Captains from Brazil, South Africa and the Middle East the shortage is only going to continue.

Management have failed to address their employees concerns and so staff continue to leave for better treatment.

It seems MOL is unable to change his management style. He's incapable of seeing his staff as important assets, rather he views them as an unnecessary financial burden.
    But what else would you expect from an accountant!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Due take off from Rome at 21:00 on Sunday back to Dublin. Boarded at approx 21:40 only to be told due to the strike in France air traffic was restricted and our time slot was another 1 hours and 30 minutes away. Full plan, ready to go but no joy. About 23:00 local time we finally took off arrived in Dublin 2 hours late about 1:15am.

Happy to be home but didn't enjoy the 7am wake up for work. Poor couple behind us needed a bis back to Limerick missed the last 1 and I think the said the next 1 was at 06:30am...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Also Dublin/Rome last week, delayed out of DUB T1 on June 4 by more than an hour, same on return out of CIA on June 9, don't know if it was solely down to delays but Ciampino isn't fit for purpose, it was dangerously rammed with Ryan Air customers queuing at the gates for various flights, first time ever delayed on Ryan Air, twice in the one week was annoying

I've one other Ryanair flight later in the year, will be p1ssed of if delayed as could have taken later flight home with AL & had extra beach time, we are flying out with AL

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

FR908 STN-ORK just departed Stansted at 02:05, was originally to depart at 16:50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

On a flight to Fuertaventura this morning from Dublin. Push back happened on time at 7.40. We are still sitting here though. Large queue of aircraft in front of us. I can see 4 Aer lingus, 2 Ryanair and an Ethiopian

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

L1011 wrote: »
    EI have significantly superior on time performance at Dublin than FR.

my experience is completely the opposite of this. i stopped flying regularly with AL because of constant delays several years ago. i flew with them for work 2 weeks ago and delayed 1 hour .

i would say the last 50 Ryanair flights that i have been on have all landed when they were supposed to bar maybe 1 or 2 flights.

im actually baffled that anybody would say Ryanair has time issues when they are from my experience, the most efficient airline around right now.

my experience is completely the opposite of this. i stopped flying regularly with AL because of constant delays several years ago. i flew with them for work 2 weeks ago and delayed 1 hour .

i would say the last 50 Ryanair flights that i have been on have all landed when they were supposed to bar maybe 1 or 2 flights.

im actually baffled that anybody would say Ryanair has time issues when they are from my experience, the most efficient airline around right now.

You're baffled by facts then - not a good thing!

I'm not stating opinion - I'm stating fact. EI have the best on time performance of any airline of scale at DUB.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

my experience is completely the opposite of this......
    I wont question your experience but Dublin airport keep records. EI were the most punctual airline there in 2017, each month in fact. They were also the most punctual airline overal in 2017 at Heathrow.
    I remember their blog/facebook made a big deal about it.
    Of course this doesnt mean they didnt have delays, just that they dodged more delays than the other airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

L1011 wrote: »

You're baffled by facts then - not a good thing!

I'm not stating opinion - I'm stating fact. EI have the best on time performance of any airline of scale at DUB.
    You should probably get on to the DAA and tell them both your flights were on time so they can update their league table...

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Tenger wrote: »
    I wont question your experience but Dublin airport keep records. EI were the most punctual airline there in 2017, each month in fact. They were also the most punctual airline overal in 2017 at Heathrow.
    I remember their blog/facebook made a big deal about it.
    Of course this doesnt mean they didnt have delays, just that they dodged more delays than the other airlines.

Was that most punctual to the UK or was it all in ????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Was that most punctual to the UK or was it all in ????

daa record stats for each pier/stand area as well as individual airlines. There has been a serious decline with FR in DUB but also across the network. Baggage, more congested airports, ATC, Crew and so on.

If I can remember they were around 10% ahead of FR but suspect the gap may have narrowed this year a little.

EI made a big deal of OTP in recent years, most notable adjusting handling contracts in Europe (mainly Italy).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I wonder also how much delay the new baggage policy at Ryanair is having? People aren't bringing less, but a mound of it is now ending up in the hold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I wonder also how much delay the new baggage policy at Ryanair is having? People aren't bringing less, but a mound of it is now ending up in the hold.

I don’t think it’s worse, the problem before was having to tag and offload the bags from inside the cabin which caused serious boarding delays. Now generally enough bags are pre tagged at the gate so the just have to loaded on and the boarding should be much faster too, guess it’s too new for real statistics to be gathered yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

No update on Pprune thread of 'Ryanair cancelling flights' for quite sometime. So, when do people think FR difficulties will make media headlines?

Advertisement