Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine Soother/Pacifier

• 05-06-2018 12:14am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells the soothers that you put medicine into? I need it for Thursday so don't have time to order it online. I tried using the dosing syringe thing that comes with the Calpol but ended up with most of it on the bib and very little in the baby :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Have you tried giving it on a spoon? My little fella won’t take it from the syringe either so for his 4 month injections I used a spoon and he took it no bother. I put it into the syringe for the correct dose and then put a small bit onto a little spoon and gave it bit by bit. It took a while alright but less stressful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

I have seen a trick of using the teat of a bottle, put the dosing syringe into the teat, put the teat in to babies mouth and as they suck push on the syringe and the medicine should go in. I haven't tried doing it but thought I would share!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks guys! The spoon was a no go, she just spat it straight back out. I've done the bottle teat trick, it worked but it was a bit messy so I'd prefer the soothers if I could get one. I had one with my son and it was fantastic, they just don't seem to stock them anywhere anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Toots wrote: »
    I had one with my son and it was fantastic, they just don't seem to stock them anywhere anymore :(
    Toots I got one in mothercare about 2 months ago, they call them 'baby medicine dispensers' but they are soother-shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

I only saw these in Lloyds pharmacy in ashleaf shopping centre in Crumlin a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure other Lloyds would have them too

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Deadly! There's a Mothercare and a Lloyds near me, I'll check them out and fingers crossed I'll find one! Thanks guys!

Advertisement