Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome offer of 12 months discount not been applied

Options
  • 05-06-2018 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello I signed up with Eir mobile last November I got an offer of €25 for 6 months . On the 10th Nov I received the following text

Great news! This Christmas, as a new customer to eir, the discount on your bundle will now be a whopping 12 months. Not just that, as you signed up Online, you will
    also get an additional €5 euro off your bill for the first 6 months. Happy
    Christmas from eir

I have now been told that this text does not apply to me as I am a stand-alone mobile customer . Bundle means plus another service .
    I would have interpreted it as my call, texts and internet bundle. Totally misleading . They only applied the €5 this month but refuse to honour the 12 months discount. I had gotten the 6 months discount.
    Has anyone else received this text .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

reddanmm wrote: »
    Hello I signed up with Eir mobile last November I got an offer of €25 for 6 months . On the 10th Nov I received the following text

Great news! This Christmas, as a new customer to eir, the discount on your bundle will now be a whopping 12 months. Not just that, as you signed up Online, you will
    also get an additional €5 euro off your bill for the first 6 months. Happy
    Christmas from eir

I have now been told that this text does not apply to me as I am a stand-alone mobile customer . Bundle means plus another service .
    I would have interpreted it as my call, texts and internet bundle. Totally misleading . They only applied the €5 this month but refuse to honour the 12 months discount. I had gotten the 6 months discount.
    Has anyone else received this text .
    Hi reddanmm, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm afraid a bundle is for multiple services, a standalone mobile service would not be included in this. 

Apologies for the confusion.  

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Hi reddanmm, 

I'm afraid a bundle is for multiple services, a standalone mobile service would not be included in this. 

Thanks

Tracey 

So you are saying this is a generic text that was sent to everyone who signed up for mobile services before Xmas. Why is it ok for the €5 to be applied and not the extra 6 months discount .
    So the €5 is a stand-alone and the extra 6 months isn’t .

Hi reddanmm, 

Thanks

Tracey 

So you are saying this is a generic text that was sent to everyone who signed up for mobile  services before Xmas. Why is it ok for the €5 to be applied and not the extra 6 months discount .
    So the €5 is a stand-alone and the extra 6 months isn’t .
    I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry for the message being sent when they offer was not applicable.

The €5 seems to have been given as a one-off goodwill gesture, we would be unable to apply a discount for a bundle when no bundle is on the account I'm afraid. 

If you send me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I can clarify what was added to the account. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry for the message being sent when they offer was not applicable.

The €5 seems to have been given as a one-off goodwill gesture, we would be unable to apply a discount for a bundle when no bundle is on the account I'm afraid. 

If you send me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I can clarify what was added to the account. 

Thanks 

Hi Tracy, If you sent me that offer you should honour it . You can’t pick and choose what offer to give and what offer to take away. I will be referring it to comreg. I did not have your so called bundle when I signed up and as far as I was aware my bundle was my calls, text and internet .

I will be cancelling my broadband and home phone in Jan and as soon as my mobile contract is up that will be gone too . I knew I should not have went near Eir .

• Advertisement

I will be cancelling my broadband and home  phone in Jan and as soon as my mobile contract is up that will be gone too . I knew I should not have went near Eir .
    I completely understand your frustration here and I'm sorry it's not better news. 

If you would like me to look into it further, feel free to PM me the details. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement