Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another plant id request

Options
  • 05-06-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭

This plant has recently sprung up out of nowhere in my front "garden" (gravel with a bit of paving and various small plants).

I did a reverse image search, and my best guess is Solomon's Seal, whatever that is. Never heard of it.

Does anyone know anything about this plant? Is it likely to spread like wildfire (given that it just appeared out of nowhere, I'm guessing that's not out of the question). Should I pull it? I'm not averse to a new plant if it's pretty and won't take over the whole place!

QXdWS3ci-3gXDvG9sdXBJwdzy_nwg8uGIBl6zX8JJmSr1C80CIedr-jACMB8lckgDui2H77GDoET0a_rfjUF7yUnYTlfwe0Qael3oo1xgdG1zqDzZWtJgUYaaEGp58EK2nofvvV5RSb6Yf5XLiC2pN2y2dnS8xn5_SGHDawWtH1dAD7uAzBHVHoA2ZtyYQQ_kCj4V1Pk0DuttCPbVsYXPc7i-mTX371MTrTS1vxJQvS_nAm9iGAfySYoDoXF89Y-b3dQtNc0VuFPW8r4Rpi4hKCiNpiTqapNuO_QYjEQ7gCmQhO6dhvvLSMjWUr4OPCN_bP5gQO5m2iAK4Pa_oyGfgHL0akhWcD9uYO0vGpbGycpyZSNOnq1mKxkeId6UjlybnrgoYk8KpoQp8c7bmY17ASOm-S-Kdrq7o8_0IRVgMNLmXDO-qNkfNuMc78aXajckwIzLOQcZZtPstOv-BXIJrbtg3BlEXGdli3gl3f7kbna1mzzJDebEdLgT-gtz_r_pKMlh1Htt-3fDR7OANFlOmzuE12rUfSRa9b5A5890gzGtxE-0_uBzeVek2OMth1mOXZEpXIhJUu4gEHw_J_xGNy5od7eTvoCdwO0Flug=w1163-h654-no

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Image doesn’t show, looking for login details

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Bugger. I'm not very techie, so not sure how to fix that.

www.google.ie/search?q=solomon%27s+seal&oq=solomons%2Fsea&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i58j0l3.7693j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=ftph1nJNHU5xDM:

That's a link to a Google image of it, I'm fairly sure that's what it is.

Just wondering what it might turn into if left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

If it is Solomons Seal then it's a very attractive plant and I'd definitely try to keep it. It prefers a shady and cool spot. Can spread a little but I've never seen a garden or a bed over run by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

lottpaul wrote: »
    If it is Solomons Seal then it's a very attractive plant and I'd definitely try to keep it. It prefers a shady and cool spot. Can spread a little but I've never seen a garden or a bed over run by it!
    The garden faces due north, so gets very early and very late sun. It's beside railings that are covered with next door's ginormous pampas grass (:() and some winter jasmine.

Thanks for that, I'll leave it I think, and just keep an eye to make sure it's not losing the run of itself.

Advertisement