Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best clincher tyres for racing?

Options
  • 05-06-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Apologies if it's been done to death but I couldn't find a recent thread.
    (most seem to be a few years old when wheels were square)

Also are people tending towards 25s more now?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Michelin Power Competition 25mm... fast!... or Schwalbe one pro tubeless if you've got a tubeless setup.. very fast!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

GP4000S II with latex tubes, and yes to the 25s.

I use regular butyl tubes but a clubmate swears the latex tubes are faster and comfier, I alas have other areas of improvement to tackle first

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Conti GP400s II for me too, with regular tubes. I'll splash out on the latex ones some day maybe, but a bit worried about Conti sidewall failure to make the leap at present. Nice fast rolling grippy tyre, but pricey though.
    ETA 25's also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I use Tufo Calibra Plus 25mm with butyl tubes and cannot fault them, in 3 years I've had 4 punctures max across a few sets, very light and fast.

Advertisement