Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with biker.ie

Options
  • 05-06-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Any one got an email address or know any of the mods or admins over on biker.ie ?
    I am having login issues and cannot get system to email me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

mopi wrote: »
    Any one got an email address or know any of the mods or admins over on biker.ie ?
    I am having login issues and cannot get system to email me.
    Thanks

No. I've the same problems. They don't want any new members tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Same here. tried both my email addresses and no automated confirmation sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why would you want biker.ie when you've got us,more knowledgeable,better looking,wittier etc etc.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I think most of them were going to the royal wedding...so maybe they stayed over a bit longer...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanrambo87

emo72 wrote:
    No. I've the same problems. They don't want any new members tbh.

Why is that do you think? Haven't been on in years, bit cliquee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

blade1 wrote: »
    Why would you want biker.ie when you've got us,more knowledgeable,better looking,wittier etc etc.:)
    Mostly etc etc ;) I have already had a small taste of HTMTM wit, so effervescent, I'm staying here

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

I signed up there 8 years ago and ever went back, no motorcycle until recently. Managed to guess the password but never got any reminder emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Why is that do you think? Haven't been on in years, bit cliquee

Absolutely no idea. It's their site they can do what they like. There's enough alternatives out there nowadays anyway. I'm not prepared to jump through hoops to get on a forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've lost interest in that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ha! I still have an account. Who wants to trade?

I'll start the bidding at one Panigale V4, cooking spec.

Do I have a V4 S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Check your junk mail or spam folder. I had the same problem and then found everything in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I joined up there years ago and started posting several years later. Got a reasonable level of connection with a few site members then, for no reason I could see, some areshole of a mod took a dislike to me and I got booted. I already knew the admin was an area sole, as he was in the habit of 'modifying' posts for his own amusement.
    Of course, I joined up again (as you do) just to keep an eye on it, and while it's ticking along, it seems to be dying slowly. Perhaps the penny will finally drop, that if they piss off or boot members for non-existent infractions, they will just drive people away.
    Apart from that, there are a few members who are really helpful, so it's not all bad or useless.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It gets very little traffic lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cienciano wrote: »
    It gets very little traffic lately.

same could be said for global. I looked at it yesterday and it hadn't had a post in 3 weeks !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

D3V!L wrote: »
    same could be said for global. I looked at it yesterday and it hadn't had a post in 3 weeks !! :eek:

I think facebook groups killed the motorcycle forums. Boards will last longer as it's just a small part of a bigger forum.
    Just looking at the general forum on biker, at the top you have 4 sub forums along with a description taking up loads of room and then 10 sticky threads. It's hard to lay out a message board worse!
    I like reddits motorcycle forums, loads of them to choose from.

Advertisement