Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick and easy bee and butterfly friendly colour for garden

Options
  • 05-06-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I finally have the back garden cleaned up and functioning. But I want to add some colour as the general colour scheme is green, grey and brown.

What instant colour can I add at this time of year that is bee and butterfly friendly as well as being suitable for a toddler and dogs and also low maintenance? The garden is a south/southwest facing garden, although the main area I have to add some colour is against the back wall, so more northish facing. The wall consists of a block wall about 3 ft high and a timber fence above that to a total height of approx 6ft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ok, so I finally have the back garden cleaned up and functioning. But I want to add some colour as the general colour scheme is green, grey and brown.

What instant colour can I add at this time of year that is bee and butterfly friendly as well as being suitable for a toddler and dogs and also low maintenance? The garden is a south/southwest facing garden, although the main area I have to add some colour is against the back wall, so more northish facing. The wall consists of a block wall about 3 ft high and a timber fence above that to a total height of approx 6ft.

I was given a campanula, bright blue and in full flower. Always full of bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

The best plants for bees in the garden from what I can see are nepeta/catmint, comfrey, sage and budleja.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Bees love lavender.

Advertisement