Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miss America is scrapping the swimsuit portion from its pageant

• 05-06-2018 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭

Why .... Ohh why

They might as well scrap the whole thing ... I mean I haven't seen anyone win because of their Intellect

"We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance. That's huge," she said.

Then what is the purpose of this competition ... ? Can we send over Susan Boyle now because she can sing ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/miss-america-swimsuit-trnd/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

They should scrap beauty contests per se. They're totally outdated and just a relic of the seventies by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mrs surely ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Only a matter of time before the Porkers enter and win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

How puritanical.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They should scrap beauty contests per se. They're totally outdated and just a relic of the seventies by now.

What about women who want to enter them and enjoy the competition.

Afford choice to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I can see Trump Vetoing this 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What about women who want to enter them and enjoy the competition.

Afford choice to people.
    Trust women

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

well my 2 year old boy will just have to take my word when I tell him how good it was when I was 15, 25,35,45.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So will they be completely nude instead?:D

Wish there was a Mr America - full of toned, handsome hot hunks with model good looks, preferably a bit of stubble and body hair aged 25 to 40.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So will they be completely nude instead?:D

Wish there was a Mr America - full of toned, handsome hot hunks with model good looks, preferably a bit of stubble and body hair aged 25 to 47.:pac:

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Thank God. I was deeply offended by this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, ehh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and eh, I believe that our, I, education like such as eh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, eh, our education over here in the US should help the US, eh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.

Keep the damn bikinis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

They’ll still be judged on appearance. :D It’ll just go unsaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, ehh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and eh, I believe that our, I, education like such as eh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, eh, our education over here in the US should help the US, eh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.

Keep the damn bikinis!

You're quoting a contestant from the Miss Teen USA pageant, which is part of the Miss USA pageant circuit, which is a separate competition from Miss America.
    Miss USA has shown no inclination to drop the beauty part of their pageant, so no worries there.

Advertisement