Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband usage counter

Options
  • 05-06-2018 5:34pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Can someone please explain how or what you are using to calculate Broadband usage?
    I had a problem some months ago where I started being charged for going over the 1000GB limit on Fibre. I complained, and Eir magically found a "problem" which explained it. 
    I noticed it started creeping up again in May, so checked the counter on May 31st, when I had 90Gb left. According to the usage monitor, I managed to use the 90GB and an additional 5GB. There is no way I used this, I watched everything like a hawk, everyone was warned not to update playstation, computers etc.
    Now, I run a test this month, from the 1st June, and downloaded 75GB, and about 8 hours Netflix. My monitor is showing 206GB downloaded now in 5 days!!!!!!!! This is in the "DSL Stats section". In Dashboard it says 524.932GB??? 
    Dashboard seem to bear no relation in reality to what is reported in the DSL stats which in turn seem to have no base in reality. I'm annoyed enough at your blatant disregard for your customers for putting unlimited everywhere and selling it as never having to worry, which is blatantly untrue. I'll be moving when my contract is up, but at the moment I really am annoyed enough at Eir to get Comreg involved at this point. 
    Add all this in to your "[font=gt-regular, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Note:[/font][font=gt-regular, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] The Usage statistics displayed are approximations only. Statistics may be temporarily inaccurate in the event of a change to broadband package mid-month. Please refer to your bill for actual excess GB usage billed, if you have exceeded your product allowance." Please refer to your bill?? How are we supposed to monitor our usage, when you obviously can't?[/font]

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Another 70Gb on the monitor now, since last night, despite the only activity being about 3 hours of SD streaming.

All passwords checked, all IP addresses accessing are being checked as well.

This is definitely only happening the last few months, it was ok up to that, showing 7/800GB per month, a bit more when there were big game downloads on the PS4s.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It still says 524.932GB on my dashboard too.

2 days, no reply from a rep?

317GB now, despite no big downloads???? 100GB a day? Just to let you know, I've no intention of paying any excess charges on this, your system is seriously flawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi whiterebel,

In this instance I would recommend contacting our Technical support team directly on 1890 260 260 or alternatively you can freephone 1901.

They will be able to run some tests and investigate this further.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

No, they can't run tests, and won't investigate further. Their best advice is to turn off the broadband for 48 hours.
    They can't say what time of day it is being used, all they can do is read my Air information, which I can see myself, and believe is flawed.
    No explanation why the dashboard figure is totally different to the historical usage figure.
    Honestly, how you lot are allowed to charge for services you cannot explain is unbelievable.
    I'm going to put this complaint in writing, and then get ComReg involved. 

Can you give me the postal address for complaints, please. Apparently your email platform isn't working at the moment.......

Can I get the postal address for complaints please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

whiterebel wrote: »
    Can I get the postal address for complaints please?
    Hi whiterebel  ,

If you are looking to post in a complaint you can address it to 1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John's Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement