Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account

Options
  • 05-06-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I am wondering about closing my account.
    I have a current account and savings account and a credit card

Can I close the savings and the current account and keep the credit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi I am wondering about closing my account.
    I have a current account and savings account and a credit card

Can I close the savings and the current account and keep the credit card?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and sorry to hear that you're looking to close your accounts with us. If there's anything I can do for you in relation to this please let me know.

You can close your savings and current account and still keep your credit card. I'd ask that you contact our credit card team on 0818 365 365 and they'll be happy to help you switch over any credit card Direct Debit you have to a new account.

In relation to closing your savings account the process on this can change depending on the savings account. I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will either be able to close the savings account or at least confirm how you can close it.

With your current account you can request to close this online and I've given a link here that you can use for this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meagain2018

Thank you for the swift reply

I don’t have a direct debit set up for the credit card therefore can I just apply to close both accounts (current and savings) without my credit card being affected?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thank you for the swift reply

I don’t have a direct debit set up for the credit card therefore can I just apply to close both accounts (current and savings) without my credit card being affected?

Thank you

Perfect, thanks for confirming this with me. In this case there would be no need to contact the credit card section to inform them of this. Please keep in mind when making manual payments to the credit card it may take a bit longer for it to reach the account if they're coming from a non-Bank of Ireland account.
    Also if there is anything I can help you with in relation to keeping your accounts with us please let me know.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meagain2018

Thanks very much

Advertisement