Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride On Mower Storage

Options
  • 05-06-2018 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some form of storage or shed for my mower. I already have a good steel shed for all my gardening stuff and it would fit but the door is around 3 inches too narrow

Anyway, I would prefer not to have a wooden shed and some form of bunker would be ideal as long as I can drive/roll it in and out. Some of the cheaper metal sheds look flimsy and my house is on the top of a mountain. Standard size ride-on.

All suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I also live up a mountain (hence the name :pac:) I had the same problems so I built my own onto the end of an existing shed where once there had been a tiny pig house. I am no professional builder but it turned out ok, blocks on the inside and stone on the outside. not a huge construction as the walls don't need to be much more than waist high and of course a nice wide doorway. also it is not rocket science to throw the roof on it. The materials cost less than a wooden shed of comparable size. Anyway I thought this could give you a few ideas, MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I also live up a mountain (hence the name :pac:) I had the same problems so I built my own onto the end of an existing shed where once there had been a tiny pig house. I am no professional builder but it turned out ok, blocks on the inside and stone on the outside. not a huge construction as the walls don't need to be much more than waist high and of course a nice wide doorway. also it is not rocket science to throw the roof on it. The materials cost less than a wooden shed of comparable size. Anyway I thought this could give you a few ideas, MM.

Very resourceful, fair play. I should have added that if I pick up a hammer or a saw, I could set fire to the house 😊 . Size wise, that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Take the deck off it after the last cut and she should fit in the shed then.is it a 42 deck and is it wider then the rest of the machine

I have a place to store it over the winter and I currently cover it with a plastic tarp, which is not ideal. I'm really looking for something to drive or roll into easily during the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »

Now that's interesting. Like I say, I have a friend who will winter it, but I need to keep it dry during the season. Cheers

By way of update, I opted for this in the end. Very happy with it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridehide-Breathable-Motorcycle-Non-contact-protection/dp/B01M6DSEFJ

Advertisement