Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Dublin Football be split?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

The numbers of kids and schools who benifit from GDF is even a matter of record.

Good old St Sylvester's.

http://www.stsylvesters.ie/files/the-blue-wave.pdf

This really warms the heart.

:D You didn't like St Sylvester's too much when they published the Dublin GAA Annual accounts!

taiuis.jpg

Dublin spent 2.7 million in 2016 and 2.5 million in 2015 from the SRC.
    Correction you've just repeated it dogmatically. I think the world knows its tin foil hat stuff.

That's just the start, we haven't included what the DCU training facilities cost or any other project that was undertaken. If you want to include them then Dublin are far more ahead, we'd need to create new graphics!

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Spot on

The idea that young lads will stop playing the game just because they're not good enough to play inter county is complete nonsense

Do you not want more kids getting a chance to play against other counties? At minor level, at u15? Think of the pride it would bring to their communities, seeing a local lad line out against Meath or Kerry or Tyrone or Fingal. It would do wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Do you not want more kids getting a chance to play against other counties? At minor level, at u15? Think of the pride it would bring to their communities, seeing a local lad line out against Meath or Kerry or Tyrone or Fingal. It would do wonders.
    Where's your evidence that all the young lads from Dublin will stop playing the game if they're not good enough for inter county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,408 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It's about all levels, the game across the entire country needs to be strengthened. Not just in Dublin.

Why do you want to restrict these kids from playing inter county football and hurling? Split Dublin into four and more of these kids will get a chance to play for their county. Even at underage, there's so many players available, they could line out for Fingal, South Dublin, Dublin city centre or Dun Laoighaire/Rathdown in the Leinster minor championships. It would give more of them an opportunity. That will help communities. Why are you against it?

Essentially it comes down to whether you see the GAA as primarily a grassroots club-based organisation looking for the widest participation or whether you see it as a driver of inter-county competition for the elite.

Dublin funding sees it as the former, while Kerry and Mayo funding see it as the latter.

I really don't see how splitting Dublin in four helps local communities. Of all the nonsense you have posted, that is the worst. 45 people benefit from playing inter-county, a few hundred thousand lose their heritage and identity.

Where's your evidence that all the young lads from Dublin will stop playing the game if they're not good enough for inter county?

Where did I say all the young lads would stop playing?

Now, can anyone answer my question as to why anyone is opposed to these young lads having an opportunity to line out for their counties?

• Advertisement

Now, can anyone answer my question as to why anyone is opposed to these young lads having an opportunity to line out for their counties?

But you are stopping them for having an opportunity to line out for their county. You are abolishing their heritage and their culture.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Essentially it comes down to whether you see the GAA as primarily a grassroots club-based organisation looking for the widest participation or whether you see it as a driver of inter-county competition for the elite.

Dublin funding sees it as the former, while Kerry and Mayo funding see it as the latter.

I really don't see how splitting Dublin in four helps local communities. Of all the nonsense you have posted, that is the worst. 45 people benefit from playing inter-county, a few hundred thousand lose their heritage and identity.

Obviously if more kids in these areas get to play inter county then the game will develop at all levels. More kids will join clubs so that matches your wider participation goal. Using Dublin City as an example, when communities see young lads representing Dublin City and playing against counties from all over the country, it will garner more pride and bring people closer together. They will become more tight nit and it can be only a good thing giving kids from some really disadvantaged areas this opportunity.
    I can't see any disadvantages to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Surely all these young lads should have an opportunity to play senior inter county. Otherwise they will all drop off
    There

But you are stopping them for having an opportunity to line out for their county. You are abolishing their heritage and their culture.

No, they will be playing with other kids from their area, their locality. Think of the derbies between Dun Laoighaire/Rathdown and South Dublin for example. it's be mighty stuff. GAA in these areas will grow as the rivalry grows, as well as the other reasons I've outlined.

Obviously if more kids in these areas get to play inter county then the game will develop at all levels. More kids will join clubs so that matches your wider participation goal. Using Dublin City as an example, when communities see young lads representing Dublin City and playing against counties from all over the country, it will garner more pride and bring people closer together. They will become more tight nit and it can be only a good thing giving kids from some really disadvantaged areas this opportunity.
    I can't see any disadvantages to it.

It has been tried already and failed.

I live in Fingal, I don't see any kids with aspirations to play hurling for Fingal. Why would this be any different?

Kids want to play for Dublin, their county, their identity and their heritage, not some makey-up county team based on a line on a map drawn up a decade or so ago by a civil servant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

No-one identifies with Fingal no more than a Cork person would want to play for Muskerry or a Clare person for the Burren. There was a Fingal hurling team which was disbanded due to lack of interest. Same happened to Sporting Fingal League of Ireland club. Dissolved after 4/5 years because no-one - and I mean NO ONE! - came to see them.

Personally speaking I would not go to see any of your proposed four new Dublin teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭High Fidelity

I live in Fingal, I don't see any kids with aspirations to play hurling for Fingal. Why would this be any different?

Kids want to play for Dublin, their county, their identity and their heritage, not some makey-up county team based on a line on a map drawn up a decade or so ago by a civil servant.

It would be a waste of the development money really, the drop of would be huge.

Not to mention the strategic and financial impact on the GAA.

There

I apologise. I didn't mean to say all. But as we can see from the 2013 ESRI report, dropout rates in GAA were 75pc between the ages of 21 and 26 in football and 60pc in hurling and camogie because of lost interest.

Now, if young players have a greater opportunity of playing inter county football and hurling at senior level, that could only reduce the drop off rate.

Other actions need to be taken by the GAA also, it's a countrywide problem.

:D You didn't like St Sylvester's too much when they published the Dublin GAA Annual accounts!

taiuis.jpg

Dublin spent 2.7 million in 2016 and 2.5 million in 2015 from the SRC.

That's just the start, we haven't included what the DCU training facilities cost or any other project that was undertaken. If you want to include them then Dublin are far more ahead, we'd need to create new graphics!

I actually really like Syls. we know, its been cumalated and accounted for last week in isolation to any other county i might add!

Cool want to post to Claires figures and the other capital projects paid for by the DCB? I have my doubts you can.

You never really debate on here mate, i mean you never answer anyones points, debate or mitigate just attack and make dogmatic accusations with very loose narrow evidance.

I think we just have to chalk it up to success causes hurt and envy and be understanding of that.

Its a by product of success, someone will have an axe to grind, we have to enjoy it and accept it as part of being the best and part of our boon.

To be honest as Dublin fans we dont have great skills around it, our success was so sudden after long periods in the wilderness. We are as much in shock as the GAA world. We're getting there though.

It hasn't already been tried. It needs to be set up properly and promoted. It might take time to adjust but that would be mostly for adults. Kids will get on with it. And when parents see the greater opportunity for their kids they'll get fully behind it. In just a few years these counties will be established, local derbies will have bumper crowds. It will strengthen clubs and communities. It can only be a good thing.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

What happens if Fingal, DCC or whatever then end up dominating anyway? Then what. Further splits? Fingal has 300k people. Twice as many as Kerry. DCC has even more.

You could conceivably have All-Ireland titles flitting between all the Dublin teams.

It hasn't already been tried. It needs to be set up properly and promoted. It might take time to adjust but that would be mostly for adults. Kids will get on with it. And when parents see the greater opportunity for their kids they'll get fully behind it. In just a few years these counties will be established, local derbies will have bumper crowds. It will strengthen clubs and communities. It can only be a good thing.

You have been told this time and again.

Fingal hurling didn't work. Sporting Fingal soccer didn't work.

Other than pie in the sky wishful thinking from you, there is zero evidence that splitting Dublin would work any different to them.

45 parents won't make a blind bit of difference either, just might mean it will be a few dozen more than a man and a dog supporting new counties.

We Dubliners are proud of our county. We won't let begrudgers out there take it away from us.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    No-one identifies with Fingal no more than a Cork person would want to play for Muskerry or a Clare person for the Burren. There was a Fingal hurling team which was disbanded due to lack of interest. Same happened to Sporting Fingal League of Ireland club. Dissolved after 4/5 years because no-one - and I mean NO ONE! - came to see them.

Personally speaking I would not go to see any of your proposed four new Dublin teams.

Yeah, older people would find it harder to adjust. The structures are already in place though. The development system is split along these lines. Young lads would find no issue with it. Once the first few tricky years pass it will be embraced. It can be nothing but a good thing for the GAA, for clubs and kids in Dublin also.

Weepsie wrote: »
    What happens if Fingal, DCC or whatever then end up dominating anyway? Then what. Further splits? Fingal has 300k people. Twice as many as Kerry. DCC has even more.

You could conceivably have All-Ireland titles flitting between all the Dublin teams.

Split it in 8 of course.

Dontmatter will be back on here talking about the kids playing for their county Blanchardstown, Tallaght and Swords, not to mention Cherrywood and Adamstown county teams.

Also, I've moved from Fingal to DCC and Back again in the last few years. People go from DCC, Fingal, DLR, SDCC all the time. People may require to move clubs for the sake of their kids at the very least, so you're going to have a whole load of transfer nonsense happening.

Then there's the clubs like Ballymun, whose grounds are now in Fingal, but most of Ballymun and the people who play for them live in Dublin City area.

It's a silly idea.

• Advertisement

Yeah, older people would find it harder to adjust. The structures are already in place though. The development system is split along these lines. Young lads would find no issue with it. Once the first few tricky years pass it will be embraced. It can be nothing but a good thing for the GAA, for clubs and kids in Dublin also.

That is as delusional a post as any that I have seen in years on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Also, I've moved from Fingal to DCC and Back again in the last few years. People go from DCC, Fingal, DLR, SDCC all the time. People may require to move clubs for the sake of their kids at the very least, so you're going to have a whole load of transfer nonsense happening.

Then there's the clubs like Ballymun, whose grounds are now in Fingal, but most of Ballymun and the people who play for them live in Dublin City area.

It's a silly idea.

We could all get one of those friendship jerseys divided into quarters.

I actually really like Syls. we know, its been cumalated and accounted for last week in isolation to any other county i might add!

Cool want to post to Claires figures and the other capital projects paid for by the DCB? I have my doubts you can.

You never really debate on here mate, i mean you never answer anyones points, debate or mitigate just attack and make dogmatic accusations with very loose narrow evidance.

I think we just have to chalk it up to success causes hurt and envy and be understanding of that.

Its a by product of success, someone will have an axe to grind, we have to enjoy it and accept it as part of being the best and part of our boon.

To be honest as Dublin fans we dont have great skills around it, our success was so sudden after long periods in the wilderness. We are as much in shock as the GAA world. We're getting there though.

:D I answer every question. I've backed it up with a wide range of data, just because you don't want to accept it, doesn't mean the facts aren't there.

The only people avoiding answering questions are the one's who want the financial doping to continue. For example, the huge and wide spread level of sponsorship money received by Dublin is always ignored as well as the huge backroom team consisting of highly paid and professional coaches.

It is hard to find data on funding from the past. All the GAA's annual accounts used to be available but they are much harder to find these days.

x56q1f.png

Then so be it. Every county will get a fair chance in the new system. The current one is is completely unfair and not one that lives up to the ethos of the GAA. It's an amateur sport. One county can't be operating professionally. And that's what is happening.

In the new system the structures will be in place in all counties and the finance will be spread fairly. How can anyone be against that?

You have been told this time and again.

Fingal hurling didn't work. Sporting Fingal soccer didn't work.

Other than pie in the sky wishful thinking from you, there is zero evidence that splitting Dublin would work any different to them.

45 parents won't make a blind bit of difference either, just might mean it will be a few dozen more than a man and a dog supporting new counties.

We Dubliners are proud of our county. We won't let begrudgers out there take it away from us.

It hasn't been tried. One off teams don't count, including those from a different sport.

The original plan was to split Dublin and give extra finance. Dublin GAA took all the finance and now it's time for the split. The alternative is that GAA dies in many counties.

The GAA is an organisation that must looking after all counties. At the moment, the favourable treatment of one is proving detrimental to others. Players are dropping away, supporters are dropping away.

The split will make inter county competitions fair again, it will improve playing numbers in Dublin clubs, it will provide 4 new teams to enter competition. With every team competing on an equal footing, our games would become wide open. It's all positive.

It's a silly idea.

Well what does every other county have to do? Some of their players play in different counties. They just travel back for training.

That is as delusional a post as any that I have seen in years on here.

It's what has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

DONTMATTER wrote:

Not good enough is not good enough. May seem harsh but that's the way sport can be. Dublin at struggling to get their hands on a minor All Ireland currently. Split into four they could be minnows at that age group.

It hasn't been tried. One off teams don't count, including those from a different sport.

The original plan was to split Dublin and give extra finance. Dublin GAA took all the finance and now it's time for the split. The alternative is that GAA dies in many counties.

The GAA is an organisation that must looking after all counties. At the moment, the favourable treatment of one is proving detrimental to others. Players are dropping away, supporters are dropping away.

The split will make inter county competitions fair again, it will improve playing numbers in Dublin clubs, it will provide 4 new teams to enter competition. With every team competing on an equal footing, our games would become wide open. It's all positive.

I have asked you time and again for a link to the official GAA or Government decision to split Dublin in return for finance, and not any committee report, or document, the actual decision to put such a plan in motion.

You haven't produced it because it doesn't exist, so stop repeating the lie.

• Advertisement

Not good enough is not good enough. May seem harsh but that's the way sport can be. Dublin at struggling to get their hands on a minor All Ireland currently. Split into four they could be minnows at that age group.

Dublin have won 11 minor titles in football and hurling within the last 13 years. They've won 16 at u21 level.

Splitting will give these kids more opportunity and it would make our competitions fair.

I have asked you time and again for a link to the official GAA or Government decision to split Dublin in return for finance, and not any committee report, or document, the actual decision to put such a plan in motion.

You haven't produced it because it doesn't exist, so stop repeating the lie.

I already answered that, it was a part of the recommendations of the Strategic Review Committee. After negotiations, Dublin GAA took the finance but didn't go for the splitting option, all sides knew it wasn't the end of that discussion however. I never said any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

DONTMATTER wrote:
    Dublin have won 11 minor titles in football and hurling within the last 13 years. They've won 16 at u21 level.

DONTMATTER wrote:
    Splitting will give these kids more opportunity and it would make our competitions fair.

Mad for Leinster you are.

Mad for Leinster you are.

What?

I already answered that, it was a part of the recommendations of the Strategic Review Committee. After negotiations, Dublin GAA took the finance but didn't go for the splitting option, all sides knew it wasn't the end of that discussion however. I never said any different.

So it was a recommendation of a committee, just like hundreds of thousands of committee recommendations in the GAA which have zero status. Thanks for clarifying.

Will you now please stop referring to a committee recommendation as a plan. It is disingenuous at best.

Then so be it. Every county will get a fair chance in the new system. The current one is is completely unfair and not one that lives up to the ethos of the GAA. It's an amateur sport. One county can't be operating professionally. And that's what is happening.

In the new system the structures will be in place in all counties and the finance will be spread fairly. How can anyone be against that?

That ethos ended a long time before Dublin's current period of dominance at intercounty football level.

The GAA is very, very professional, and very, very good at making money for itself. The clubs around the country (Dublin and otherwise) are in many instances wasteful, or financially incompetent (my own former club included)

• Advertisement

Kilkenny have won 8 at Minor.

In the 5 years before this alleged financial doping started, Dublin won 3 of 5 u21 Leinsters and were runners up twice.

There are lots of counties where underage teams are great and don't translate to senior. By all accounts Wexford hurling should be winning All Ireland's now based on their 3 in a row a few years ago at u21.

However, it's a little easier in Dublin to keep players playing, as they likely study in Dublin, and work in Dublin. Putting it all down to financial doping or some conspiracy is stupid, and just ignores that logistically, Dublin will always have an advantage. Trying to redraw borders or, split it up, is a bad idea and one that would likely backfire spectacularly.

So it was a recommendation of a committee, just like hundreds of thousands of committee recommendations in the GAA which have zero status. Thanks for clarifying.

Will you now please stop referring to a committee recommendation as a plan. It is disingenuous at best.

You didn't read my long post? I already clarified this. The negotiations begun off the back of these recommendations of this committee. The huge increase in finance for Dublin GAA came off the back of these recommendations by this committee. 51 titles in the past 13 years have been won off the back of the recommendations of this committee. You should be more grateful to this committee.

I'll post a bit from my long post again to help explain what happened:

Where it all began

First of all to the beginning. Where did this finance come from? Well, the idea was introduced by the Strategic Review Committee headed by former president Peter Quinn. They looked at the work that was being done by the Dublin County Board and they decided it needed improvement. They saw it as the population being too big for one county board to manage.
    Here's what Christy Cooney, who chaired the sub committee that examined Dublin, had to say; "You must remember that there are 1.4 million people in the region and 2,000,000 or more will be there in 20 years time. There's no way one county board is going to manage that. We met all of the units in Dublin last year, as well as the county board. Improvements are necessary and that's not the fault of the board or clubs." Christy's numbers are a bit off, he overestimated both population figures but you get his point.
    Peter Quinn stated; "We are recommending sizeable investment in terms of finance and personnel. We recognise that Dublin needs special attention, it's a key strategic matter."
    He also said “Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity'. Meaning it would be mutually beneficial for the GAA and Dublin GAA to join forces. Dublin would increase standards and playing numbers across the county and the GAA would gain increased revenue from the growing popularity of Gaelic Games in Dublin.
    Other recommendations from that committee was to split Dublin in two using the liffey as the boundary between north and south.

The Master Plan

From there negotiations began. These negotiations involved the Dublin County Board, the Leinster Council, the GAA and government ministers. They lasted two years and from it the master plan was formed. It's main aims were to divide the county into regions, loosely based on existing local authority areas, and focus its efforts on raising the profile of Gaelic games in schools, improving recruitment for clubs and establishing a structure for developing elite talent.
    The strategy involved devolving work to regional areas, where the focus will be sharper on servicing the schools in those regions and identifying the elite talent. Kevin O'Shaughnessy was appointed Strategic Programme Manager. Reporting to him were the regional development officers, the hurling development officers and the games promotion officers.
    Sean Kelly, who chaired the joint-committee that agreed the initiatives, said that the plans would 'make Dublin what it should be - the greatest GAA county in Ireland'. But what happened to the Strategic Review Committees other proposal you ask? They suggested higher investment in Dublin but also to split the county in two. Well somehow that was put off the table. Sean Kelly: 'No one's suggesting that Dublin should be divided in two. That's hogwash. No one's saying that for the moment.'
    Interesting last line from Sean. Anyway, what did this sizeable investment involve. With huge Dublin GAA supporter Bertie Ahern being the Taoiseach of the day, finding government support for this plan proved easy.
    The funding was to come from the GAA, Leinster council and a grant by from the citizens of Ireland, paid through the Irish Sports Council. As we know with the GAA, finding information and full records can sometimes be difficult. The announcement when the plan was launched by Bertie was that Dublin GAA would receive 7 million over 3 years. That is 2.3 million per year. The Dublin GAA released accounts gives a figure of 2.5 million for 2015 and 2.7 million for 2016.

It's a silly idea.

Its an excellent point, ive lived North and South side and represented clubs on either side of the county, even out in west Dublin and Kildare as it goes. And actually lived in different locations to almost all of those clubs localites for different reasons.

I would have no idea who i would choose to represent never mind who i would support or where my loyalty would lie. Probably no where because id have no interest is following a divided Dublin.

That ethos ended a long time before Dublin's current period of dominance at intercounty football level.

The GAA is very, very professional, and very, very good at making money for itself. The clubs around the country (Dublin and otherwise) are in many instances wasteful, or financially incompetent (my own former club included)

Yes, money men and women took over. It became a business. Financing the Dublin machine was made as a business plan. They'd improve standards and watch as crowds increased, as sponsorship increased, as TV revenue increased. This started to slip so they introduced the 'super 8's'.

Yes many clubs and county boards are very wasteful. That's why I recommend a plan to have paid officers in place that have standards to maintain, targets to reach. These should be in place countrywide, not just in Dublin like the current situation.

:D I answer every question. I've backed it up with a wide range of data, just because you don't want to accept it, doesn't mean the facts aren't there.

The only people avoiding answering questions are the one's who want the financial doping to continue. For example, the huge and wide spread level of sponsorship money received by Dublin is always ignored as well as the huge backroom team consisting of highly paid and professional coaches.

It is hard to find data on funding from the past. All the GAA's annual accounts used to be available but they are much harder to find these days.

x56q1f.png

This we know, no DCU, Abbotstown or Croke Park i see, but wait arent these all things you have asserted fall under Dublin funding.

If the tin foil hat fits.

• Advertisement

Kilkenny have won 8 at Minor.

In the 5 years before this alleged financial doping started, Dublin won 3 of 5 u21 Leinsters and were runners up twice.

There are lots of counties where underage teams are great and don't translate to senior. By all accounts Wexford hurling should be winning All Ireland's now based on their 3 in a row a few years ago at u21.

However, it's a little easier in Dublin to keep players playing, as they likely study in Dublin, and work in Dublin. Putting it all down to financial doping or some conspiracy is stupid, and just ignores that logistically, Dublin will always have an advantage. Trying to redraw borders or, split it up, is a bad idea and one that would likely backfire spectacularly.

Dublin's system has an aim of producing ready made senior talent. I've already discussed this. Yes they pick up underage titles on the way but, the development plans are focused on producing physically strong, skillful and capable 20+ year olds.

This we know, no DCU, Abbotstown or Croke Park i see, but wait arent these all things you have asserted fall under Dublin funding.

If the tin foil hat fits.

I've already pointed out that Abbotstown is home to all Dublin development squads. Cost - 12 million.
    Croke Park is home to the Dublin senior footballers. Cost - Nearly 300 million.
    DCU, home to Dublin senior footballers and hurlers. Cost - Not sure but not cheap.

And you have to add in what I posted above. Dublin's financial advantages have gone even further out of proportion including these.

I've already pointed out that Abbotstown is home to all Dublin development squads. Cost - 12 million.
    Croke Park is home to the Dublin senior footballers. Cost - Nearly 300 million.
    DCU, home to Dublin senior footballers and hurlers. Cost - Not sure but not cheap.

And you have to add in what I posted above. Dublin's financial advantages have gone even further out of proportion including these.

Strange how none of that appears in Dublins audited accounts ever. Some might think its just not true, you know very little about Dublin GAA if i am being frank with you.

Ive already said how St Claires was funded, see can you find it, it wasnt out of central funds, Dublin only train there in the summer for the championship as a by.

Can you tell us more about Dublins GAA use of Abbotstown? I know, but want to hear your assumption.

Reaching badly with Croke Park, full defensive mode to justify very narrow figures and no acknowledgement of how the cumulative funding pot brings many up to equity.

I'll give you a hand google spawell site, like i say you dont have a great grasp of Dublin GAA.

Again you dodge some very good points from some of the Dublin posters, its disappointing to see.

Strange how none of that appears in Dublins audited accounts ever. Some might think its just not true, you know very little about Dublin GAA if i am being frank with you.

Ive already said how St Claires was funded, see can you find it, it wasnt out of central funds, Dublin only train there in the summer for the championship as a by.

Can you tell us more about Dublins GAA use of Abbotstown? I know, but want to hear your assumption.

Reaching badly with Corke Park, full defensive mode to justify very narrow figures and no acknowledgement of how the cumulative funding pot brings many up to equity.

I'll give you a hand google spawell site, like i say you dont have a great grasp of Dublin GAA.

Again you dodge some very good points from some of the Dublin posters, its disappointing to see.

:D I dodge nothing. I told you money for county grounds, training facilities, centres of excellence etc wasn't been taken into account. As I've pointed out, Dublin get more than their fair share of that.
    Every county should get help with that side of things. That's not an issue. The issue is the huge amount of Games Development funding Dublin GAA have received in comparison to everyone else, this finances a system that creates a conveyor belt of talent.
    This added to the massive sponsorship money and the highly financed professional backroom teams available to Dublin, makes it a completely unbalanced and unjust. These are the only issues that are being dodged.

:D I dodge nothing. I told you money for county grounds, training facilities, centres of excellence etc wasn't been taken into account. As I've pointed out, Dublin get more than their fair share of that.
    Every county should get help with that side of things. That's not an issue. The issue is the huge amount of Games Development funding Dublin GAA have received in comparison to everyone else, this finances a system that creates a conveyor belt of talent.
    This added to the massive sponsorship money and the highly financed professional backroom teams available to Dublin, makes it a completely unbalanced and unjust. These are the only issues that are being dodged.

They are not the questions i asked you, answer them, or you are making false allegations in funding.

There is enough false dogma being posted.

*Beep, Beep, Beep - the sound of someone reversing.

They are not the questions i asked you, answer them, or you are making false allegations in funding.

There is enough false dogma being posted.

I will not. It is deflection. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The financial doping is not about what money has been given towards Dublin training facilities and grounds. It would be much worse if that was included.

It's about the highly financed player development system and the highly financed senior team set up.

I will not. It is deflection. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The financial doping is not about what money has been given towards Dublin training facilities and grounds. It would be much worse if that was included.

It's about the highly financed player development system and the highly financed senior team set up.

You were spoofing.

R.I.P. your credibility.

You were spoofing.

R.I.P. your credibility.

:D Spoofing about what? Abbotstown cost 12 million, Croke Park cost nearly 300 million. You can look it up if you want. That's before you add in all the other facilities.

If you want that can be added on? The new graphics will look even worse for Dublin.

Now enough of the deflection. We've already covered how wrong the Games Development imbalance is. Let's discuss the sponsorship, from my long post:

The other thing pushing this upsurge is the other finance available to Dublin. There's a lot of it. Of course freeing up resources by having your underage machine paid for helps this but the sponsorship money Dublin receives is a vital cog. There was the 6 million Vodafone deal in 2009. With increased success Dublin became even more enticing to sponsors. This led to a bidding war in 2013. AIG won this and with the recent deal added, they're up to 8 million in sponsorship money.
    Added to this is a long list of other sponsors. These include; O Neills, Lifestyle sports, Ballygowan, Subaru, Aer Lingus, Energise Sports, Gourmet food parlour, the Gibson Hotel and more.
    With this Dublin GAA can prepare their senior teams to a professional level. Anything that's required is available to the hurling and football management teams. They have paid coaches of all hues. Backs coaches, forward coaches, physiologists, psychologists, basketball coaches, Olympic gold medalists, World champion boxers. They are able to provide players with top nutritional content through their meal providers who prepare weekly meals.

How can anyone justify that?

How can anyone justify that?

Quick question.....do you think Dublin should have turned this down? Or spread it around with other counties? Or donated it to charity?

Quick question.....do you think Dublin should have turned this down? Or spread it around with other counties? Or donated it to charity?

That's not a great justification.

The issue is not what Dublin GAA should have done. The issue is how is this in anyway fair? Firstly to have development structures paid for and then to receive extra sponsorship off the success it's given Dublin GAA.
    It's all this finance that has Dublin operating at a professional level. No other county comes close. That's why it can't continue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement