Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Dublin Football be split?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Bonniedog wrote: »
    What bile did you vent on previous occasions Dublin won?

Before you had your current hobby horse.

I've said this before, if you want to discuss this topic politely and back up your opinions then fair enough. I will ignore all deflection and abuse however.

I’ve made my views known earlier in this thread. Won’t be repeating them except to say at this stage it is a case of when not if Dublin will be split.

It's inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I’ve made my views known earlier in this thread. Won’t be repeating them except to say at this stage it is a case of when not if Dublin will be split.

Have ye next week's lotto numbers aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    It's inevitable.

That will be end of county football in Dublin if it happens, which will make you happy. We might enter the county champions who would probably beat most other county teams anyway. then you can start to advocate splitting Vinnies and Boden and Crokes.

That will be end of county football in Dublin if it happens, which will make you happy. We might enter the county champions who would probably beat most other county teams anyway. then you can start to advocate splitting Vinnies and Boden and Crokes.

It will be the growth of 4 competitive teams.

You do realise that Dublin club football and hurling have been a major beneficiaries of the financial doping don't you?

You know nothing about Dublin GAA.

I am in my 50s and been involved all my life. And family for longer before that. I can tell you that if Dublin is split no-one will be interested in following any makey up team.

We were one of few counties that kept GAA going when priests and RIC attempted to wreck it. It's not called Parnell Park for no reason. We won't go down without a fight my friend.

You know nothing about Dublin GAA.

I am in my 50s and been involved all my life. And family for longer before that. I can tell you that if Dublin is split no-one will be interested in following any makey up team.

We were one of few counties that kept GAA going when priests and RIC attempted to wreck it. It's not called Parnell Park for no reason. We won't go down without a fight my friend.

You're blaming the wrong people! Dublin GAA accepted the money, they're at fault for the inevitable split. I don't know why you think the rest of the country should just let Dublin away with doping financially.

I just had a look at club championship performances going on our recent discussion on the help the millions have had in that area. You'll be delighted to hear I have created another table. :D

2czasd1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I cant believe this is still going on, there will be no split and the ramblings of someone on here will never affect that. Use of the word inevitable is delusional at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Look at Mexico beating Germany today at World Cup. Underdogs can win and dubs can be beaten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Look at Mexico beating Germany today at World Cup. Underdogs can win and dubs can be beaten

Population Iceland 334,000.
    Population Argentina 43 million.

And yet Iceland play Argentina and it doesn't look like a mismatch.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭High Fidelity

Oh you want more. :D

2jcastl.jpg

2r29j0w.jpg

HA ha Ewan McKenna. Go away out of that. Haha.

I actually think you are right to be worried a full tilt Dublin at the top of it’s huge population resource will be difficult to beat. Dublin will fail unless they are winning one in three All Ireland’s from this point in as minimum and slowly chipping away at becoming the top county in GAA. It’s a thing of beauty looking at the potential being realized all around the capatial.

Gaa philosphey in action.

And the wages the Argentines are on as club players would probably add up to a few % of Icelandic GDP!

You have nailed the whole nonsense that your man is on about.

Lasse Viren and John Walker and Usain Bolt beat the cream of tens of thousands of US college athletes who were trained to win their respective events from the age of ten.

Sometimes great athletes appear and great teams appear. It is an imponderable.

This chap's entire agenda is simply to denigrate one of the greatest football teams of all time. Well, people will remember them. Doubt anyone will be reading this thread in 50 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ah lads, you're back comparing it to professional sports and talking about population again.

I'll explain why your examples don't work. Mexico and Iceland are competing on an equal footing. Both countries have teams full of professional players. They're professional teams competing against professional teams.
    In Gaelic Games it's amateur counties competing against one professional county in Dublin. Can you see the difference?
    I will concede that whoever was giving the examples of those athletes has a made a fair comparison. That's because a few of them were doped to the gills. :D

You are, with all due respect, talking out of your hole.

You are using statistics that cannot be backed up while ignoring those that are sourced. You quote an obviously Anti-dublin 'journalist' when it suits your arguments. You refuse to answer questions, yet accuse your detractors of obfuscation and deflection when they counter your arguments. You're either taking the piss, or wilfully ignoring those elements that disprove your misguided, one-eyed approach to statistical analysis,parroting your own bull**** conclusions again and again. I'm surprised people have put up with it for so long.

Yet again you've claimed that the Dublin County board are guilty of accepting money immorally, while refusing to posit an alternative to accepting sponsorship monies. All while refusing to nail your own county colours to any mast. You, Sir, are on the ****ing wind up.

My moneys on Meath, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just had a glance over this thread.
    Jaysis this DONTMATTER lad talks some load of crap.

The account was obviously started to incite and inflame people on here as over 90% of his posts are in this thread and he is on a rinse and repeat cycle with his drivel.
    I don't see why you are bothering to argue with him.
    Some people just won't or can't change their minds or opinions no matter what. So it DONTMATTER what you say to him.

You are, with all due respect, talking out of your hole.

You are using statistics that cannot be backed up while ignoring those that are sourced. You quote an obviously Anti-dublin 'journalist' when it suits your arguments. You refuse to answer questions, yet accuse your detractors of obfuscation and deflection when they counter your arguments. You're either taking the piss, or wilfully ignoring those elements that disprove your misguided, one-eyed approach to statistical analysis,parroting your own bull**** conclusions again and again. I'm surprised people have put up with it for so long.

Yet again you've claimed that the Dublin County board are guilty of accepting money immorally, while refusing to posit an alternative to accepting sponsorship monies. All while refusing to nail your own county colours to any mast. You, Sir, are on the ****ing wind up.

My moneys on Meath, by the way.

Ah these two posts are very disappointing. I've backed my point of view up with a lot of hard data. Some of the graphics were done by a professional data analyst who's actually worked with Dublin GAA before.
    It's not anti Dublin bias that has reached these conclusions, it's looking at the cold, hard facts. There has been no explanation given for the huge, unparalleled increase in titles post funding.
    51 titles against 14 titles. Even yesterday I created a graphic that showed how the money has hugely improved the Dublin club scene. No one went near it.
    That's because the one excuse that's been repeated time after time wouldn't make sense if all facts were looked at. The excuse being this is only a one off team.
    For anyone to believe that excuse, they must ignore all the underage titles, all the hurling titles, all the club titles and all the hugely talented players that continue to arrive off the multi million Euro conveyor belt.
    The only reason that I'm repeating myself on occasion is because the same tired excuses are being trotted out. I first researched this topic years ago. When I first calculated how many titles Dublin won post funding it was 26!
    This won't just go away. A serious imbalance in the GAA has been created and it's not right. It has and will cause major issues. All people who love our games won't just stand idly by and watch it happen.
    This is just a little online forum but it's a start for pushing this into the spotlight. I aim to get this covered on the Sunday game. Next Sunday in all likelihood, Dublin will win their 52nd title post funding.
    I will send the Sunday game all the data and ask them to cover this topic for once. With Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan there, I expect it will either be ignored or brushed under the carpet but that won't be the end of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That above post !!!! Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just had a glance over this thread.
    Jaysis this DONTMATTER lad talks some load of crap.

The account was obviously started to incite and inflame people on here as over 90% of his posts are in this thread and he is on a rinse and repeat cycle with his drivel.
    I don't see why you are bothering to argue with him.
    Some people just won't or can't change their minds or opinions no matter what. So it DONTMATTER what you say to him.

The thread was started for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

With Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan there, I expect it will either be ignored or brushed under the carpet but that won't be the end of the matter.

Send it to Colm O'Rourke ... he's in the 'Split Dublin' camp. :pac::pac:

I'd be hoping someone with a bit of dander would be on the show. Tomas O Se would just 'ah shur' and 'look' it away. Spillane would get his facts all wrong but stick to them. Whelan would ignore it, so would the Gooch.
    Brolly is the man for this job. I hope he's on the evening program. He'd get stuck into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah these two posts are very disappointing. I've backed my point of view up with a lot of hard data. Some of the graphics were done by a professional data analyst who's actually worked with Dublin GAA before.
    It's not anti Dublin bias that has reached these conclusions, it's looking at the cold, hard facts. There has been no explanation given for the huge, unparalleled increase in titles post funding.
    51 titles against 14 titles. Even yesterday I created a graphic that showed how the money has hugely improved the Dublin club scene. No one went near it.
    That's because the one excuse that's been repeated time after time wouldn't make sense if all facts were looked at. The excuse being this is only a one off team.
    For anyone to believe that excuse, they must ignore all the underage titles, all the hurling titles, all the club titles and all the hugely talented players that continue to arrive off the multi million Euro conveyor belt.
    The only reason that I'm repeating myself on occasion is because the same tired excuses are being trotted out. I first researched this topic years ago. When I first calculated how many titles Dublin won post funding it was 26!
    This won't just go away. A serious imbalance in the GAA has been created and it's not right. It has and will cause major issues. All people who love our games won't just stand idly by and watch it happen.
    This is just a little online forum but it's a start for pushing this into the spotlight. I aim to get this covered on the Sunday game. Next Sunday in all likelihood, Dublin will win their 52nd title post funding.
    I will send the Sunday game all the data and ask them to cover this topic for once. With Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan there, I expect it will either be ignored or brushed under the carpet but that won't be the end of the matter.

What a load of rubbish.

You have been asked on a number of occasions for the hard data behind the charts you have provided and you have been either unwilling or unable to provide it.

Anybody with an elementary working knowledge of MS Excel can produce misleading charts from any data. You don't need to be a qualified data analyst to do that, though being a qualified data analyst would let you be more creative with your lies.

You have repeatedly said that the GAA at senior level wants to split Dublin but the actual evidence is that one committee once recommended it and it was shot down unceremoniously by the GAA at senior level. No matter how many times this lie of yours is pointed out, you still keep repeating the same mantra.

Your aim of getting this covered on the Sunday Game is laughable, as any serious journalist (and I am not counting that McKenna fella) would laugh you out the door unless you can produce the hard figures, and the comprehensive ones you have been asked for, that include the provincial grants that Dublin don't get, not the highly selective ones you have chosen. That being said, if any of the tabloids wanted to run a nonsense article on GAA, you might have a chance of being heard.

It was Sonny678 who had it right, as a Meathman, some pages ago, it won't be until the mid-20s, when the likes of Kilkenny, Mannion, McCarthy, McCaffrey and other great players are retiring that we will know whether there is an issue with the funding. Kerry couldn't replace the four or five that were left by the mid-1980s, if Dublin manage it in the mid-2020s, that tells us something different.

By the way, it is long past the time when you laid your own cards on the table.

I'd be hoping someone with a bit of dander would be on the show. Tomas O Se would just 'ah shur' and 'look' it away. Spillane would get his facts all wrong but stick to them. Whelan would ignore it, so would the Gooch.
    Brolly is the man for this job. I hope he's on the evening program. He'd get stuck into it.

Brolly would laugh at you. He knows what Dublin are doing on the ground with kids and admires the way they have spent the money unlike others like Mayo. He also believes that this is the greatest football team of all time based around a one-off group of players.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish.

You have been asked on a number of occasions for the hard data behind the charts you have provided and you have been either unwilling or unable to provide it.

Anybody with an elementary working knowledge of MS Excel can produce misleading charts from any data. You don't need to be a qualified data analyst to do that, though being a qualified data analyst would let you be more creative with your lies.

You have repeatedly said that the GAA at senior level wants to split Dublin but the actual evidence is that one committee once recommended it and it was shot down unceremoniously by the GAA at senior level. No matter how many times this lie of yours is pointed out, you still keep repeating the same mantra.

Your aim of getting this covered on the Sunday Game is laughable, as any serious journalist (and I am not counting that McKenna fella) would laugh you out the door unless you can produce the hard figures, and the comprehensive ones you have been asked for, that include the provincial grants that Dublin don't get, not the highly selective ones you have chosen. That being said, if any of the tabloids wanted to run a nonsense article on GAA, you might have a chance of being heard.

It was Sonny678 who had it right, as a Meathman, some pages ago, it won't be until the mid-20s, when the likes of Kilkenny, Mannion, McCarthy, McCaffrey and other great players are retiring that we will know whether there is an issue with the funding. Kerry couldn't replace the four or five that were left by the mid-1980s, if Dublin manage it in the mid-2020s, that tells us something different.

By the way, it is long past the time when you laid your own cards on the table.

I gave you the name of the man who created the graphs, I linked an article in which this man showed how the figures were reached. Shane Mangan is his name and he has worked with the Dublin senior hurlers in the past.
    He is not biased, he knows the scene. If you have problems with him releasing the graphs then contact him.

Show me where I said the GAA at senior level want to split Dublin? I said it was recommended by the strategic review committee which included former and future GAA presidents.

I will provide the data to the Sunday game, it will probably be ignored.

You're again only talking about the Dublin senior footballers while ignoring all the other areas where success from the funding has resulted.

I said at the start that where I'm from is irrelevant. Maybe I'm from Dublin?

• Advertisement

Brolly would laugh at you. He knows what Dublin are doing on the ground with kids and admires the way they have spent the money unlike others like Mayo. He also believes that this is the greatest football team of all time based around a one-off group of players.

:D He knows about the weekly meals and free cars the Dublin players get alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

You're blaming the wrong people! Dublin GAA accepted the money, they're at fault for the inevitable split.

I would usually ridicule such an opinion, except I think you may actually believe this.

This notion disturbs me slightly.

:D He knows about the weekly meals and free cars the Dublin players get alright.

The meals are a myth to be honest, its a bit of craic and creates an aura around the team. To be honest im all for a lot of the stuff that is peddled like the size of the back room team, professionalism, facilities the meals etc, despite the vast majority of it not being true it creates a massive aura around the team and the "fear" factor amongst rivals, coming down the straight in the last ten minutes of games that doubt in other counties psychologically is telling.

The meals are a myth to be honest, its a bit of craic and creates an aura around the team. To be honest im all for a lot of the stuff that is peddled like the size of the back room team, professionalism, facilities the meals etc, despite the vast majority of it not being true it creates a massive aura around the team and the "fear" factor amongst rivals, coming down the straight in the last ten minutes of games that doubt in other counties psychologically is telling.

Vast majority not being true? :D From my long post:

The other thing pushing this upsurge is the other finance available to Dublin. There's a lot of it. Of course freeing up resources by having your underage machine paid for helps this but the sponsorship money Dublin receives is a vital cog. There was the 6 million Vodafone deal in 2009. With increased success Dublin became even more enticing to sponsors. This led to a bidding war in 2013. AIG won this and with the recent deal added, they're up to 8 million in sponsorship money.
    Added to this is a long list of other sponsors. These include; O Neills, Lifestyle sports, Ballygowan, Subaru, Aer Lingus, Energise Sports, Gourmet food parlour, the Gibson Hotel and more.
    With this Dublin GAA can prepare their senior teams to a professional level. Anything that's required is available to the hurling and football management teams. They have paid coaches of all hues. Backs coaches, forward coaches, physiologists, psychologists, basketball coaches, Olympic gold medalists, World champion boxers. They are able to provide players with top nutritional content through their meal providers who prepare weekly meals.

I forgot to add in the free cars part: "Subaru will provide vehicles to the players and management of the Dublin senior football and hurling teams. Both teams will also benefit from a Subaru Forester Van to transport their kit around the country as they compete in the All-Ireland Championships and National Leagues."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dublin fans on here will dodge it but the government also financially dopes Dublin GAA.

Out of 11 GAA clubs that received the maximum possible 150k grant in the entire country in 2017 10 were based in Dublin. Those kind of figures speak for themselves.

• Advertisement

Back to some more data and why splitting Dublin has to become a reality. I've already backed up the financial advantages Dublin GAA have received and the huge increase in titles that has brought them. We need to look at other realities that go beyond the GAA.

Population is an advantage Dublin have always had but, it's not something that would affect GAA policy or become much of an issue. Other counties have and had biggish populations and some have always had tiny populations. It's just the way things were. We have to go back to the Strategic Review Committee again to see how things changed.

One of the reasons that committee recommended splitting Dublin was because of population reasons. Here's what Christy Cooney, who chaired the sub committee that examined Dublin, had to say; "You must remember that there are 1.4 million people in the region and 2,000,000 or more will be there in 20 years time. There's no way one county board is going to manage that. We met all of the units in Dublin last year, as well as the county board. Improvements are necessary and that's not the fault of the board or clubs."

I'm not sure exactly where he was meaning by 'in the region' but we have to look at population figures closely again. Going on CSO figures, Dublin's population will continue to increase at a high rate.

vcw1m8.png

It could increase by up to nearly 300,000 people by 2031. That's more than the population of most counties. Dublin will have a population of over 2 million in the near future. A high percentage of the total population on this island. From a GAA point of view, how is this sustainable? We've seen concerns raised at the beginning of this century and they will continue to grow. Can anyone seriously see Dublin remaining as they are with nearly 1/4 of the countries population?

Vast majority not being true? :D From my long post:

The other thing pushing this upsurge is the other finance available to Dublin. There's a lot of it. Of course freeing up resources by having your underage machine paid for helps this but the sponsorship money Dublin receives is a vital cog. There was the 6 million Vodafone deal in 2009. With increased success Dublin became even more enticing to sponsors. This led to a bidding war in 2013. AIG won this and with the recent deal added, they're up to 8 million in sponsorship money.
    Added to this is a long list of other sponsors. These include; O Neills, Lifestyle sports, Ballygowan, Subaru, Aer Lingus, Energise Sports, Gourmet food parlour, the Gibson Hotel and more.
    With this Dublin GAA can prepare their senior teams to a professional level. Anything that's required is available to the hurling and football management teams. They have paid coaches of all hues. Backs coaches, forward coaches, physiologists, psychologists, basketball coaches, Olympic gold medalists, World champion boxers. They are able to provide players with top nutritional content through their meal providers who prepare weekly meals.

I forgot to add in the free cars part: "Subaru will provide vehicles to the players and management of the Dublin senior football and hurling teams. Both teams will also benefit from a Subaru Forester Van to transport their kit around the country as they compete in the All-Ireland Championships and National Leagues."

I dont disagree with you there, the sponsorship and commercial and fundraising revenue pays for all the Dublin Senior teams with a profit made. No GDF goes near the senior teams. The same for all counties.

Dublin are the best and most popular show in town, always have been and always will be. I dont have an issue once its all self funded. I do have criticism though, i really feel this source of revenue should be more. Its improved in recent years but Dublin should be doing miles better then they are in my opinion.

Mayo are the guiding light in this arena in my opinion. Commercially and fundraising they earn 20k less then Dublin. Which is a brilliant return and likely to their detriment when you look at how Kerry do from central funds.

Yep the Dublin senior team have access to a year lease i believe, i dont think is exclusive to Dublin, certainly i know people on other county senior teams male and female who also have a similar arrangements, i think this is a pretty standard arrangement amongst the majority of county teams, certainly the most successful ones.

Like i say im all for peddling some of the myths that are out there, adds to the aura.

I dont disagree with you there, the sponsorship and commercial revenue pays for all the Dublin Senior teams. No GDF goes near the senior teams. The same for all counties.

Dublin are the best and most popular show in town, always have been and always will be. I dont have an issue once its all self funded. I do have criticism though, i really feel this source of revenue should be more. Its improved in recent years but Dublin should be doing miles better then they are in my opinion.

Mayo are the guiding light in this arena in my opinion. Commercially they earn 20k less then Dublin. Which is a brilliant return and likely to the detriment when you look at how Kerry do from central funds.

Yep the Dublin senior team have access to a year lease i believe, i dont think is exclusive to Dublin, certainly i know people on other county senior teams male and female who also have a similar arrangements, i think this is a pretty standard arrangement amongst the majority of county teams, certainly the most successful ones.

Like i say im all for peddling some of the myths that are out there, adds to the aura.

So you don't deny all the financial advantages Dublin have but still call them myths? :D

I can guarantee you that not all county squads get free cars! Certainly not every player and manager in their hurling and football panels.

Are you using the 'official' figure for Dublin sponsorship funds? :D

So you don't deny all the financial advantages Dublin have but still call them myths? :D

I can guarantee you that not all county squads get free cars! Certainly not every player and manager in their hurling and football panels.

Are you using the 'official' figure for Dublin sponsorship funds? :D

Dublin definitely have a financial advantage in terms of sponsorship and commercial revenue they are the best, without question, they are well self funded county i would never not acknowledged that as it would be untrue and i haven't posted anything untrue in this thread. Its off their own back really and in my opinion plenty of room for improvement, for me this is the smoking gun in Gaelic games and not funds that come from central funds. I think what some people believe Dublin spend it on are myths, the backroom team, facilities are pretty much on par and even a bit below on the facilities front but there are plans in place to improve that. I dont particularly mind people saying things like that in terms of advantages, i know its untrue, but i think it prompts rivals into some mad spending and creates an aura around Dublin that gives them an edge.

I haven't spoken to every county team member so i dont know for certain, certainly i know county players in Leinster and Connnacht teams male and female who have access to cars. Sure there is a heap of twitter feeds around the country with players thanking such in such company for his or her jammer.

These are the figures reported by Colm Keys a few weeks back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-reign-supreme-but-where-does-your-county-rank-on-the-2018-gaa-rich-list-36922874.html

Can someone explain how a football player getting use of a car makes him better than other footballers who are stuck driving their own cars?
    This is a nothing issue and more crap been thrown in the forlorn hope something sticks.

Dublin definitely have a financial advantage in terms of sponsorship and commercial revenue they are the best, without question, they are well self funded county i would never not acknowledged that as it would be untrue and i haven't posted anything untrue in this thread. Its off their own back really and in my opinion plenty of room for improvement, for me this is the smoking gun in Gaelic games and not funds that come from central funds. I think what some people believe Dublin spend it on are myths, the backroom team, facilities are pretty much on par and even a bit below on the facilities front but there are plans in place to improve that. I dont particularly mind people saying things like that in terms of advantages, i know its untrue, but i think it prompts rivals into some mad spending and creates an aura around Dublin that gives them an edge.

I haven't spoken to every county team member so i dont know for certain, certainly i know county players in Leinster and Connnacht teams male and female who have access to cars. Sure there is a heap of twitter feeds around the country with players thanking such in such company for his or her jammer.

These are the figures reported by Colm Keys a few weeks back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-reign-supreme-but-where-does-your-county-rank-on-the-2018-gaa-rich-list-36922874.html

Dublin's sponsorship money and extras has increased in line with the success at all levels since the financial doping began. So it has been heavily assisted by all of us.
    Dublin's preparation, backroom team, professional set up etc is not a myth.

As I said, individual players have had cars given to them. Dublin had entire squads and managers handed new cars!

This is just an added extra in Dublin's advantages anyway. When you add it all in together, it really is clear as to why Dublin have won 51 titles in 13 years. In fact, it's actually a bit embarrassing that they've only won 51!

salmocab wrote: »
    Can someone explain how a football player getting use of a car makes him better than other footballers who are stuck driving their own cars?
    This is a nothing issue and more crap been thrown in the forlorn hope something sticks.

Getting onto a Dublin squad is financially rewarding. How can this not help?

How? Really they all have jobs or are in college or work for themselves getting a car doesn’t make them better footballers, inter county players all over the country get various things from businesses it doesn’t make them better.

How? Really they all have jobs or are in college or work for themselves getting a car doesn’t make them better footballers, inter county players all over the country get various things from businesses it doesn’t make them better.

Getting a free car v paying for a car?

As I said, this doesn't happen in many counties. It's another layer onto Dublin's advantages. Another big one is the employment opportunities. Many counties have to deal with players living away from home, Dublin don't have to deal with this.
    This is something I'll get to at a later date as there's issues here that goes beyond GAA.

Getting a free car v paying for a car?

As I said, this doesn't happen in many counties. It's another layer onto Dublin's advantages. Another big one is the employment opportunities. Many counties have to deal with players living away from home, Dublin don't have to deal with this.
    This is something I'll get to at a later date as there's issues here that goes beyond GAA.

Your still not explaining how access to a car makes a man play football better

• Advertisement

Your still not explaining how access to a car makes a man play football better

Being financially better off gives a player even more hunger to get on a county squad. Getting on a Dublin squad is a great boost for you financially. Players training harder to get on a squad is going to push others and up standards. You don't see many Dublin players heading to America to earn a few bob during the summer! Except for the obvious one. :D

Not as personally financially rewarding as getting on the Mayo team with their expenses arrangements.

Being financially better off gives a player even more hunger to get on a county squad. Getting on a Dublin squad is a great boost for you financially. Players training harder to get on a squad is going to push others and up standards. You don't see many Dublin players heading to America to earn a few bob during the summer! Except for the obvious one. :D

If I had 10 euro for everytime you made a false or misleading statement, I would have the price of a month in America on holidays myself. Here is the latest:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/four-players-opt-out-of-jim-gavins-leaguewinning-panel-to-spend-summer-in-usa-36978885.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

A quick trawl thru the social media accounts of Tomas O'Se, Dessie Dolan & Jackie Tyrell, would show that they all get freebie cars from sponsors and they're not even playing any more FFS.

Our Kildare chum would want to cop himself on if he thinks the sponsored car gravy train begins and ends in Dublin.

So the player works harder? I’m calling bull on this, plenty of I/C players get perks.
    Dublin players are busy in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

You don't see many Dublin players heading to America to earn a few bob during the summer! Except for the obvious one. :D

Four this year have gone, so far.

Jaden wrote: »
    Four this year have gone, so far.

Yeah but they drove

Yeah but they drove

Was that along the Google/Facebook sponsored Dublin landbridge to the USA only for Dublin GAA players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah but they drove

We Dubs can walk on water. Haven't you heard? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Was that along the Google/Facebook sponsored Dublin landbridge to the USA only for Dublin GAA players?

Sush, nobody supposed to know about that. Some might say you are on dope.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement