Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Dublin Football be split?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

DONTMATTER wrote: »

We need to put a stop to it now. Splitting Dublin is essential to that but also making sure systems are put in place in all counties and the finance is given fairly to ensure its success.
    That would be a fair and equitable result. All counties would compete on an equal footing.

.............and this is were your arguement loses credability.

Allowing for the following:
    When funding is diverted away from Dublin (which it inevitably will)
    When Dublin is split 4 ways ( which inevitably will not happen)
    When every penny is somehow split perfectly between counties.

These are the core fundamentals that you are using to say "all counties could compete on an equal footing"

With all due respect that's pure horseS*&t.

Are you telling me that Leitrim and Wicklow are now going to "compete on an equal footing" with Cork and Kerry if your ideas are implemented?

Maybe we should get the State to redraw county boundries with only the Intercounty Gaa teams in mind in order to balance player numbers:rolleyes:

Add to that the inevitable pissing against the wall of some funding by some County boards. Money is all well and good but you seem to have completely discounted the fact the Dublin GAA actually put the money to good use with respect to games and player development. Your argument is based only on the fact that they have money.

You have made a statement of fact i.e "all counties could compete on equal footing"

That is inherently nonsense and cannot and will not happen no matter how many ways you split Dublin football and starve it of funding. It will probably make you feel better though.......

I think only 1 new club has been formed, no real impact has been made in places where rugby and soccer are strong.

Forming new clubs in areas all ready served with existing clubs is not necassarily a good thing. The "super clubs" that you deride provide facilties for huge amounts of kids. Forming new clubs alongside them simply dilutes resources.

Look at soccer in Dublin. Huge amounts of clubs in small geographic areas and zero facilites apart from pitches rented from the councils. If soccer clubs were able to amalgamate and pool resources they'd be in a much better position yet you have a problem "super clubs" that actually work off this model.

Having been involved with both sports i know which model provides better facilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

That chart will require updating, Dublin Leinster Minor Hurling champions 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

TrueGael wrote: »
    But you can attribute funding per capita wise including rugby and soccer diehards(as well other niche sports in Dublin that don't really exist anywhere else in Ireland) in Dublin who'll never darken the door of a GAA ground that is skewing the numbers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuAH0ITXEAErp0D.jpg

Indeed even if include total population, we see in relation to its peers Dublin is still receiving far far higher funding

That is the bit other counties don't seem to get there are many out and out soccer / rugby people who have zero interest in the GAA.
    Whereas in other parts of Ireland there is the Pub, GAA club, Shop and church and that's it

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Paulzx wrote: »
    .............and this is were your arguement loses credability.

Allowing for the following:
    When funding is diverted away from Dublin (which it inevitably will)
    When Dublin is split 4 ways ( which inevitably will not happen)
    When every penny is somehow split perfectly between counties.

These are the core fundamentals that you are using to say "all counties could compete on an equal footing"

With all due respect that's pure horseS*&t.

Are you telling me that Leitrim and Wicklow are now going to "compete on an equal footing" with Cork and Kerry if your ideas are implemented?

Maybe we should get the State to redraw county boundries with only the Intercounty Gaa teams in mind in order to balance player numbers:rolleyes:

Add to that the inevitable pissing against the wall of some funding by some County boards. Money is all well and good but you seem to have completely discounted the fact the Dublin GAA actually put the money to good use with respect to games and player development. Your argument is based only on the fact that they have money.

You have made a statement of fact i.e "all counties could compete on equal footing"

That is inherently nonsense and cannot and will not happen no matter how many ways you split Dublin football and starve it of funding. It will probably make you feel better though.......

Since 2005 most counties have been living on scraps while Dublin have been dining on caviar. That's the opposite of fair and equal.
    My proposal is to put the structures into all counties so they have a fair chance to compete. That doesn't mean that they are certain to compete but it's a fair system. Easy to understand?

You put in paid Strategic officers to look after the funding, just like in Dublin. You're forgetting that the Dublin county board weren't controlling their affairs too well until the GAA sorted it all for them.

• Advertisement

Forming new clubs in areas all ready served with existing clubs is not necassarily a good thing. The "super clubs" that you deride provide facilties for huge amounts of kids. Forming new clubs alongside them simply dilutes resources.

Look at soccer in Dublin. Huge amounts of clubs in small geographic areas and zero facilites apart from pitches rented from the councils. If soccer clubs were able to amalgamate and pool resources they'd be in a much better position yet you have a problem "super clubs" that actually work off this model.

Having been involved with both sports i know which model provides better facilities

Am you're forgetting the party line. The funding was meant to increase participation and take the fight to rival sports like rugby and soccer.
    Clearly this has not been done. Also, this is not soccer, creating super clubs while small clubs struggle is not what the GAA is about and people in Dublin should be against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

DONTMATTER wrote:
    Am you're forgetting the party line. The funding was meant to increase participation and take the fight to rival sports like rugby and soccer. Clearly this has not been done. Also, this is not soccer, creating super clubs while small clubs struggle is not what the GAA is about and people in Dublin should be against it.

Have you a link or stats to back up there has been no increase in player numbers?

That is the bit other counties don't seem to get there are many out and out soccer / rugby people who have zero interest in the GAA.
    Whereas in other parts of Ireland there is the Pub, GAA club, Shop and church and that's it

:D Sure we don't even have electricity never mind those dirty foreign sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Am you're forgetting the party line. The funding was meant to increase participation and take the fight to rival sports like rugby and soccer.
    Clearly this has not been done. Also, this is not soccer, creating super clubs while small clubs struggle is not what the GAA is about and people in Dublin should be against it.

Funding has increased participation. Some clubs with enough memberships in 000s.

Have you a link or stats to back up there has been no increase in player numbers?

Well I've asked here for answers on this, no data was forthcoming. It's been asked for elsewhere and no data was forthcoming. Until some data emerges we have to take any talk of increased participation rates as false.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Funding has increased participation. Some clubs with enough memberships in 000s.

Same as above. Super clubs are mopping up numbers but small clubs are losing numbers.

Well I've asked here for answers on this, no data was forthcoming. It's been asked for elsewhere and no data was forthcoming. Until some data emerges we have to take any talk of increased participation rates as false.

Contradicting yourself now. You have already stated there is no increase, now you say you have no answers. Keep it up, you have staying power if nothing else.

Same as above. Super clubs are mopping up numbers but small clubs are losing numbers.

Show us all the membership numbers from every club in dublin for the past 13 years to back up your outrageous statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

ArielAtom wrote: »
    That chart will require updating, Dublin Leinster Minor Hurling champions 2018.

:)

Le mot juste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This just gets better no data to back up his claim but as no one can supply the data he can take it as hes right? Id say you couldn't make this up but clearly he can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Interesting report on Games Development and how different counties including Dublin have utilised it and its funding.

https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/GAA%20Annual%20Report%20to%20the%20ISC.pdf

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

So because there's no data, you have to say it's false. Equally theres no data to support your claim participation is down. You're full of BS and keep moving the goalposts.

Dublin 15 area for example. Brigid's and Peregrine's were the 2 well established clubs,, both with very large membership and still maintain large membershipa.

However they equally can't meet the demand of the area so Castleknock GAA has grown to be as big as them nearly and Erin go Bragh have been established too. All have good numbers and all point to growing numbers.

That's just in one area.

Some clubs are catering for anyone and everyone who wants to play,some are being ruthless and just geared towards their A teams winning so this is where some lose interest.

Personally I stopped because I got lazy, got sick of the he win at all costs culture and got interested in other sports but I know an awful lot who have gone back and there are plenty of junior teams popping up in clubs I cater for adults who love the games and want to get out for it too.

Stop speaking through your hoop

Bonniedog wrote:
    Interesting report on Games Development and how different counties including Dublin have utilised it and its funding.

Bonniedog wrote:

Growth rates are fantastic to see in section seven for Dublin.

Since 2005 most counties have been living on scraps while Dublin have been dining on caviar. That's the opposite of fair and equal.
    My proposal is to put the structures into all counties so they have a fair chance to compete. That doesn't mean that they are certain to compete but it's a fair system. Easy to understand?

So you've changed from "all counties could compete on an equal footing" when it's been pointed out what a ridiculous assertion it is. Good to see you're starting to listen

DONTMATTER wrote:
    Ofcourse every county should follow the blueprint, that's what has been said in this thread. Take the money off Dublin and spread the funds. Employ Strategic officers to oversee it like in Dublin. Unlike what you say, this should be spread to 32 counties, that's what fairness involves. Just to add to this, some counties have gone to Croke Park with costed plans and the door has been slammed in their face.

Last part of this. "Some counties have gone to Croke Park with costed plans and the door has been slammed in their face" have you a link to an article or report to back this up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Last part of this. "Some counties have gone to Croke Park with costed plans and the door has been slammed in their face" have you a link to an article or report to back this up?

You'll get the same makey uppey, edited, redacted and revised links which have been a common feature of this thread.

No reply from our friend!!!!! I suppose when you have to submit your piece to the Indo you have to drop of boards and Twitter. You even managed to get Dublin mentioned in a piece about Kildares win, bravo.

Bonniedog wrote: »

https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/GAA%20Annual%20Report%20to%20the%20ISC.pdf

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Weepsie wrote: »
    So because there's no data, you have to say it's false. Equally theres no data to support your claim participation is down. You're full of BS and keep moving the goalposts.

Dublin 15 area for example. Brigid's and Peregrine's were the 2 well established clubs,, both with very large membership and still maintain large membershipa.

However they equally can't meet the demand of the area so Castleknock GAA has grown to be as big as them nearly and Erin go Bragh have been established too. All have good numbers and all point to growing numbers.

That's just in one area.

Some clubs are catering for anyone and everyone who wants to play,some are being ruthless and just geared towards their A teams winning so this is where some lose interest.

Personally I stopped because I got lazy, got sick of the he win at all costs culture and got interested in other sports but I know an awful lot who have gone back and there are plenty of junior teams popping up in clubs I cater for adults who love the games and want to get out for it too.

Stop speaking through your hoop

:D Exactly. There's a reason why Dublin are dominating the club scene also. The money affects many areas.

Growth rates are fantastic to see in section seven for Dublin.

They are, it shows that there's enough numbers for the 4 way split to work. If you continue the work in a more focused way it can only increase the improvements.

So you've changed from "all counties could compete on an equal footing" when it's been pointed out what a ridiculous assertion it is. Good to see you're starting to listen

No, all counties will be competing on an equal footing. They'll have the right structures in place. It won't be just one county, or two, or 6 or 8 but all counties will be treated fairly. I don't know why that is hard to understand or indeed, why is it so difficult for people to support that?

Well I can only find one but there have been others amongst hurling counties mostly.

http://www.the42.ie/cheddar-plunkett-laois-dublin-hurling-2198968-Jul2015/

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You'll get the same makey uppey, edited, redacted and revised links which have been a common feature of this thread.

It's strange, for such makey uppey tables, how come no one has come up with a reasonable explanation to explain them:

2wbvtk4.jpg

2czasd1.jpg

2s82pzb.jpg

Obviously, the last one is wrong, adding on two more titles? That's 53 titles in 13 years. The same amount as Dublin won from between 1966 to 2005.

DONTMATTER wrote:

DONTMATTER wrote:
    They are, it shows that there's enough numbers for the 4 way split to work. If you continue the work in a more focused way it can only increase the improvements.

Kinda changed your tune.

• Advertisement

Kinda changed your tune.

I was just looking for the report. I asked before and no one answered, I knew we'd get there.

DONTMATTER wrote:
    I was just looking for the report. I asked before and no one answered, I knew we'd get there.

So you only see it as a negative. A lot of positives in that report especially when you look at urban and disadvantaged areas. You wanted the report do you not want to discuss it? Or is it because it doesn't suit your narrative you want to skip on past it and copy and paste a few more graphs?

So you only see it as a negative. A lot of positives in that report especially when you look at urban and disadvantaged areas. You wanted the report do you not want to discuss it? Or is it because it doesn't suit your narrative you want to skip on past it and copy and paste a few more graphs?

How does it not suit my narrative? It's exactly on point with my narrative. You increase money, you increase numbers in clubs, you increase standards, it all adds up. Look at what it's done for Dublin club sides.
    It also shows what can happen post the split. Once you have 4 counties, they can specifically target disadvantaged areas inside their borders.
    I think the only people who want to ignore anything is the pro financial doping side. For example, you've just tried to dismiss my graphs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

It's strange, for such makey uppey tables, how come no one has come up with a reasonable explanation to explain them:

2wbvtk4.jpg

2czasd1.jpg

2s82pzb.jpg

Obviously, the last one is wrong, adding on two more titles? That's 53 titles in 13 years. The same amount as Dublin won from between 1966 to 2005.

Your figures are skewed somewhat by the only moderately successful push to promote hurling in the county, which hasn’t had any historical national profile for a while.

If we just look at the football stats, Dublin have 40 titles in the window you chose. To see if this is plausibly the result of an exceptional team, given many hail this side as one of the best in history, we need to see how this compares to other great teams. Kerry in the same window up to 1985 amassed 38 titles in the same range of competitions. Slightly lower, but in a similar ballpark. Indeed Kerry average 30 or more titles for most of a rolling 13 year window between then and now. Interestingly it’s clear that Dublin’s total is more heavily helped by provincial success, possibly fueled by a chronically weak Leinster in recent years, given only around a quarter of Dublin’s titles represent national success versus around a third for Kerry.

tritium wrote: »
    Your figures are skewed somewhat by the only moderately successful push to promote hurling in the county, which hasn’t had any historical national profile for a while.

If we just look at the football stats, Dublin have 40 titles in the window you chose. To see if this is plausibly the result of an exceptional team, given many hail this side as one of the best in history, we need to see how this compares to other great teams. Kerry in the same window up to 1985 amassed 38 titles in the same range of competitions. Slightly lower, but in a similar ballpark. Indeed Kerry average 30 or more titles for most of a rolling 13 year window between then and now. Interestingly it’s clear that Dublin’s total is more heavily helped by provincial success, possibly fueled by a chronically weak Leinster in recent years, given only around a quarter of Dublin’s titles represent national success versus around a third for Kerry.

I'm sorry but this was tried before. You can't exclude any titles, the money has affected all areas, hurling included obviously.

You also can't compare it with other counties. I choose 13 years because that's how long the imbalanced funding has been ongoing, I compared it with the 13 years before that. It's 53 titles v 14 so far.
    Even the 13 year periods prior to these didn't come close to the current trend and that was in a period where Kerry and Dublin dominated. 19 titles and 20 titles between 79-92 and 66-79.
    That makes it 53 titles in 13 years v 53 titles in 39 years. It's undeniable how much impact the finance has had.

I'm sorry but this was tried before. You can't exclude any titles, the money has affected all areas, hurling included obviously.

You also can't compare it with other counties. I choose 13 years because that's how long the imbalanced funding has been ongoing, I compared it with the 13 years before that. It's 53 titles v 14 so far.
    Even the 13 year periods prior to these didn't come close to the current trend and that was in a period where Kerry and Dublin dominated. 19 titles and 20 titles between 79-92 and 66-79.
    That makes it 53 titles in 13 years v 53 titles in 39 years. It's undeniable how much impact the finance has had.

Other counties are entirely relevant. If other counties have seen comparable levels of (what you allege is distorted) success then any imbalance can’t be just about Dublin. If other counties have been sustaining this level of distortion for decades then Dublin are way down the list of things to fix.

You’re also wrong in terms of the comparison of the trend. In terms of translating success to a national level Kerry are far more distorting- see my analysis of what % of titles are national level.

Right now Dublin with their best ever team are just touching for the first time the level of distortion Kerry have consistently brought

So how do you plan on fixing the Kerry problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Other counties are entirely relevant. If other counties have seen comparable levels of (what you allege is distorted) success then any imbalance can’t be just about Dublin. If other counties have been sustaining this level of distortion for decades then Dublin are way down the list of things to fix.

Right now Dublin with their best ever team are just touching for the first time the level of distortion Kerry have consistently brought

Two thirds of the country's population are in Dublin. The only distortion that Dublin needs to fix is that Dublin haven't been winning consistently for the last 30 years. Dublin is improving on that matter once they have 30 consecutive wins and all the other counties give up then you can go ahead and split Dublin.
    It's in nobodies interest to kill the sport but they'll do it anyways. After all winning is the best.

turbbo wrote: »
    Two thirds of the country's population are in Dublin. The only distortion that Dublin needs to fix is that Dublin haven't been winning consistently for the last 30 years. Dublin is improving on that matter once they have 30 consecutive wins and all the other counties give up then you can go ahead and split Dublin.
    Two thirds? I think you may want to revisit the maths there. North and south is 6.6million people, about 1.3million in dublin

You’re also wrong in terms of the comparison of the trend. In terms of translating success to a national level Kerry are far more distorting- see my analysis of what % of titles are national level.

This form of deflection has been done already I'm afraid.

The reason we're discussing Dublin is because of the millions upon millions of euro that was pumped in to improve standards across all grades and codes. My tables have shown what the results of this funding has achieved. The increase in the number of titles is huge.
    However, if they increased the number of titles by 0, the imbalanced funding would still be wrong. There are a huge number of counties who are crying out for funding all across the country. Why should Dublin receive special treatment? Surely the 6 counties would be more deserving if we were going down the disadvantaged route, look at what they had to suffer.

Because I know you'll come back with more deflection, I'll put the Kerry issue to bed, something I've had to do already on this thread.
    Compare the amount of titles Kerry have been winning to any past period. There's no jump, it's always been about the same. There is no distortion. The only jump, the only distortion is with Dublin, that's because of the huge resources.
    That's where you're getting confused, the splitting of Dublin has to happen because of the funding disparity, not because of the amount of titles won. The titles just show what money can buy.

turbbo wrote: »
    It's in nobodies interest to kill the sport but they'll do it anyways. After all winning is the best.

The only distortion that needs to be fixed is the huge imbalance in funding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The only distortion that needs to be fixed is the huge imbalance in funding.
    How is it an imbalance if Dublin have the largest player base though?
    More people=More money

• Advertisement

How is it an imbalance if Dublin have the largest player base though?
    More people=More money

We're going over old ground.

The Games Development funding has not been split solely on population. If so Cork and Antrim would have received half of what Dublin have. Here's a table for you:

33wseph.jpg

Another pickle the defenders of the financial doping have is the population argument. On one hand they say that Dublin need to money because of their huge population while on the other they say that not many people are interested in GAA so they shouldn't be split.

This form of deflection has been done already I'm afraid.

The reason we're discussing Dublin is because of the millions upon millions of euro that was pumped in to improve standards across all grades and codes. My tables have shown what the results of this funding has achieved. The increase in the number of titles is huge.
    However, if they increased the number of titles by 0, the imbalanced funding would still be wrong. There are a huge number of counties who are crying out for funding all across the country. Why should Dublin receive special treatment? Surely the 6 counties would be more deserving if we were going down the disadvantaged route, look at what they had to suffer.

Because I know you'll come back with more deflection, I'll put the Kerry issue to bed, something I've had to do already on this thread.
    Compare the amount of titles Kerry have been winning to any past period. There's no jump, it's always been about the same. There is no distortion. The only jump, the only distortion is with Dublin, that's because of the huge resources.
    That's where you're getting confused, the splitting of Dublin has to happen because of the funding disparity, not because of the amount of titles won. The titles just show what money can buy.

I was wondering how long it would take you to pull this nonsense

The fallacious arguement that because Kerry have been distorting things for 40 years that ship has sailed and shouldn’t be fixed. It’s only a problem if someone else starts suppressing the “natural order”. Mask has well and truly slipped then, you couldn’t give a damn about the weaker counties, you just want to go back to the good old days and your natural order.

Tell me, in a world with no Dublin (which looks like most of the years from 1970 to 2005), how would you deal with the million quid plus that Kerry can pull from a US fundraiser. The huge sums their sponsor gives them for facilities? Do you want all that put in a big pot and distributed across all the counties? How do you want to distribute it, per capita or equally to all? Because if Dublin’s funding has given them an advantage I assure it’s not just 40 years of cabbage and spuds that have let Kerry consistently cause a similar distortion.

Again, given the biggest distortion in the GAA;

How are you going to deal with the Kerry problem?

I was wondering how long it would take you to pull this nonsense

The fallacious arguement that because Kerry have been distorting things for 40 years that ship has sailed and shouldn’t be fixed. It’s only a problem if someone else starts suppressing the “natural order”. Mask has well and truly slipped then, you couldn’t give a damn about the weaker counties, you just want to go back to the good old days and your natural order.

Tell me, in a world with no Dublin (which looks like most of the years from 1970 to 2005), how would you deal with the million quid plus that Kerry can pull from a US fundraiser. The huge sums their sponsor gives them for facilities? Do you want all that put in a big pot and distributed across all the counties? How do you want to distribute it, per capita or equally to all? Because if Dublin’s funding has given them an advantage I assure it’s not just 40 years of cabbage and spuds that have let Kerry consistently cause a similar distortion.

Again, given the biggest distortion in the GAA;

How are you going to deal with the Kerry problem?

Well I was right, your deflection continues.

The distortion is the millions upon millions of euro pumped into Dublin GAA. That's it. If you want someone to blame then look at the GAA and the Dublin County Board. If any other county was receiving this level of funding it would be the same story. It's not right and it's damaging our games.

I've said earlier in this thread that Kerry's finances need to be looked at, in an attempt to keep up with Dublin they've invested big sums. It's nowhere near the level that Dublin GAA are dealing with however. We still have to deal with that but it's for a different thread.

Nothing excuses the financial doping ongoing in Dublin, no deflection can take away from it. We need to sort it before it destroys our games.

Well I was right, your deflection continues.

The distortion is the millions upon millions of euro pumped into Dublin GAA. That's it. If you want someone to blame then look at the GAA and the Dublin County Board. If any other county was receiving this level of funding it would be the same story. It's not right and it's damaging our games.

I've said earlier in this thread that Kerry's finances need to be looked at, in an attempt to keep up with Dublin they've invested big sums. It's nowhere near the level that Dublin GAA are dealing with however. We still have to deal with that but it's for a different thread.

Nothing excuses the financial doping ongoing in Dublin, no deflection can take away from it. We need to sort it before it destroys our games.

You really don’t want to actually deal with the question do you? It’s a simple one. The data is emphatically clear and you’ve already told us how it’s only about the data for you.

Given your concern for fairness and looking after the weaker counties, I’ve demonstrated clearly what the biggest distorting element of the GAA is. I’ve raised the point of a massive historical distortion within the GAA similar to the level you’ve noted around Dublin, except a distortion that spans 4 decades. Even now at the point where you lament Dublin’s 40 football titles in 13 years, Kerry have north of 30 titles in that same window, with only one less senior AI title in spite of this being a less than vintage crop by all accounts. So once again:

How do you propose to fix the Kerry issue?

You really don’t want to actually deal with the question do you? It’s a simple one. The data is emphatically clear and you’ve already told us how it’s only about the data for you.

Given your concern for fairness and looking after the weaker counties, I’ve demonstrated clearly what the biggest distorting element of the GAA is. I’ve raised the point of a massive historical distortion within the GAA similar to the level you’ve noted around Dublin, except a distortion that spans 4 decades. Even now at the point where you lament Dublin’s 40 football titles in 13 years, Kerry have north of 30 titles in that same window, with only one less senior AI title in spite of this being a less than vintage crop by all accounts. So once again:

You're being dishonest. Here, show me where Kerry have received anything close to what Dublin have received:

33wseph.jpg

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He has been ignoring the same questions since the start of this thread.

There is little logic or coherence to his arguments which have been dismantled time and again. His only response is repetition of the same old tired arguments.

blanch152 wrote: »
    He has been ignoring the same questions since the start of this thread.

There is little logic or coherence to his arguments which have been dismantled time and again. His only response is repetition of the same old tired arguments.

Yes pretty much. Fortunately the data is absolutely unambiguous here. Dublin’s performance appears to be indicative of a purple patch for a great bunch of players, coupled with a relatively weak period for Leinster football as a whole. Nonetheless it’s terrifying to see the unwillingness by some to address issues around far more sustained distortion of the championship in spite of their stated concern for the smaller counties

Yes pretty much. Fortunately the data is absolutely unambiguous here. Dublin’s performance appears to be indicative of a purple patch for a great bunch of players, coupled with a relatively weak period for Leinster football as a whole. Nonetheless it’s terrifying to see the unwillingness by some to address issues around far more sustained distortion of the championship in spite of their stated concern for the smaller counties

So you have failed to show me where Kerry have received anything close to the level of funding received by Dublin. I think the realisation has hit you. The split must happen because of the huge financial imbalance. No deflection can hide from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Good news everybody, the GAA emailed me today and confirmed that no matter how many times NOMATTER says must happen or inevitable there will be no split. Apparently it’s because a single person with a chip on their shoulder has no say in anything.

So you have failed to show me where Kerry have received anything close to the level of funding received by Dublin. I think the realisation has hit you. The split must happen because of the huge financial imbalance. No deflection can hide from that.

Some of us well remember Mick O’Dwyer boasting about Kerry taking a wad of sponsors cash and sticking two fingers up at the GAA while they hauled in the cash so don’t pull than ****e that somehow everyone’s in this together apart from those dirty dubs. That was long before Dublin were getting any decent sponsorship deals but it did coincide with the 40 years of distortion.Once again

How do you propose to solve the kerry issue?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement