Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamophobia.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'd like to replace him with a bunny rabbit to be honest. Honestly, if the world all worshipped a bunny rabbit, there would be peace!
    And more Sex .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You want to repace jesus with Milhouse????????? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'd like to replace him with a bunny rabbit to be honest. Honestly, if the world all worshipped a bunny rabbit, there would be peace!

You obviously haven't seen an Islamised jihadi bunny rabbit at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yeah.....cept what would we do for easter then huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Is lamb a phobia? No, lamb is not a phobia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

wexie wrote: »
    Yeah.....cept what would we do for easter then huh?

D1QDSoXT_400x400.jpg

D1QDSoXT_400x400.jpg

Guess that's probably no more ludicrous than bunnies with chocolate eggs

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Mutant z wrote: »
    What does this term even mean surely a phobia is a irrational fear there's nothing irrational about fearing an intolerant medieval totalitarian ideology which persecutes non believers why isn't the term Christianphobia applied to criticism of Christianity the way it is with Islam despite it also being a belief system .The fact is its perfectly reasonable to oppose totalitarian ideologies such as islam the same as communism and fascism so why does the left get up in arms if you say anything negative about islam even though its simply a set of beliefs which justifiable comes under intense scrutiny for its medieval world outlook.

Why don't you try looking up the actual definition before trying to act smart.

fhehTyhm.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I don’t have Faith in having Faith for the sake of it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

blinding wrote: »
    I don’t have Faith in having Faith for the sake of it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

It just means please stop criticizing our religion as it is upsets us. It's absolute bollocks and sadly some buy into it.

Taytoland wrote: »
    It just means please stop criticizing our religion as it is upsets us. It's absolute bollocks and sadly some buy into it.

True. We should never forget our dedication to the holy roman apostolic tayto church, and our lord mr tayto, who fried for our sins.

Blessed be he with the taste of cheese and onion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ever hear about the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, the Magdalene laundries? the scientific experiments on babies? I have more if you have heard of them ones.

Did you know diabetes kills more people in Western Europe and America than the isis?

Why not focus your energy on that

What would Europe look like today if the Crusades hadn't happened? The continent was being consumed at the time. It took the Vatican 400 years to start fighting back.

Would it have developed into a free society?

The S.I is vastly misreported on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What would Europe look like today if the Crusades hadn't happened? The continent was being consumed at the time. It took the Vatican 400 years to start fighting back.

Not often you hear someone arguing that the bad things the Spanish Inquisition did were actually good things.

It's kinda like hearing someone say "You hear a lot about how the atom bomb killed lots of people, but you never hear talk about how it opened up a lot of land for development. Hiroshima wouldn't be the city is is today without that"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Grayson wrote: »
    Not often you hear someone arguing that the bad things the Spanish Inquisition did were actually good things.

It's kinda like hearing someone say "You hear a lot about how the atom bomb killed lots of people, but you never hear talk about how it opened up a lot of land for development. Hiroshima wouldn't be the city is is today without that"

I didn't say it was a good thing, I'd said it's vastly exaggerated and misreported on.

Historians concur on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

It's a tenner minimum order from my local chipper. So when I order I always have to order too much food.

Your chipper has a minimum order? thats mental.

I'm starving . I'd go full jihadi for a couple of battered sausages . Haven't had one in a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Bit of a pointless word. Racism is the word but people get very upset when they are described as racist so this new pointless word was invented. It's misused a lot too. There was a politician in the UK accused of Islamophobia when he said something like "You look like a paki". How they got Islamophobia out of that is beyond me.

You've been smoking that alternative history stuff, haven't ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

:rolleyes: Another one of these threads, and one that deliberately chooses to ignore the definition of a word, from one of the usual suspects, and the typical nonsense about the left.

It really seems that some posters are intent on there being an Anti-Muslim thread being always on the front page no matter what. The agenda is rather tiresome. Some people really need a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not always. Homophobia is a recognized term and no-one thinks that all homophobes are terrified of gay people.

Although I applaud the OP for bringing this up. AH needed to have a thread about muslims eventually. I'm surprised there haven't been loads.

Homophobia is a calculated insult coined by gays . No such thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Crusades happened because of hundreds of years of Islamic expansion and eventual trespassing into Christian lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

But when you consider in Australia only one or two people die from spider bites every fifty years it just shows the people who think that or wish to influence others to think that as the scaremongering bottom feeders that they are.

You do not have to die from a spider bite to be justifiably terrified of them. I have a dear friend who is terrified of them; she was bitten and still has the great hole in her flesh and the memory of the pain.

When I assure her that spiders do not bite in Ireland she assures me that ALL spiders bite.

I am terrified of them . Irrational but real. In one dreadful rental a huge female about 4 inches across suddenly landed on my face. I was on the phone to Canada and they heard the scream there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Graces7 wrote: »

Have you seen the Channel 4 documentary a few years back where groups of Russian thugs fake being gay on dating apps and when the victim turns up at an arranged location he is met with these thugs only to taunt him, hit him, piss on him and so on. All of this goes on today. If that is not homophobia, what would you call it?

Graces7 wrote: »

So gay bashing, firing of gays, jobs that refuse gays...that's what, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Odhinn wrote: »
    So gay bashing, firing of gays, jobs that refuse gays...that's what, exactly?

Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Has anyone gone about it being a made up word yet? That is one of the more stupid arguments we get on these threads, because some people think words are found in nature or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mutant z wrote: »
    What does this term even mean surely a phobia is a irrational fear there's nothing irrational about fearing an intolerant medieval totalitarian ideology which persecutes non believers why isn't the term Christianphobia applied to criticism of Christianity the way it is with Islam despite it also being a belief system .The fact is its perfectly reasonable to oppose totalitarian ideologies such as islam the same as communism and fascism so why does the left get up in arms if you say anything negative about islam even though its simply a set of beliefs which justifiable comes under intense scrutiny for its medieval world outlook.

Unless you were actually living in an Islamic State and you didn't support Islam, it's difficult to understand why you would fear something that has no bearing on your life or how you live your life, so in that sense it is irrational to fear something which isn't a threat to you, and that's probably why the term Islamophobia was coined whereas Christianphobia wasn't, because there isn't generally an irrational fear of Christianity in a society in which the majority are Christian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I didn't say it was a good thing, I'd said it's vastly exaggerated and misreported on.

Historians concur on this.

Ah here. Have you ever been in a medieval museum in Europe that has torture equipment? I have. That **** was called medieval by that big black fella in Pulp Fiction for a reason.

In Seville there were windows in a church specially for the authorities to pick out who was next to have their faith tested.

In ireland we had our share of torture and murder from the Catholic Church.

I have a problem with Islam but for different reasons than you - I see horrifying similarities with the Catholic Church abuses.

Advertisement