Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Dialler

Options
  • 05-06-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have a HKC SW1070 alarm. At one stage I had an Eircom landline which was used to text my phone with an alarm alert. I have changed my provider to Virgin Media. Will the same dialler work for this function if I run a phone cable from the Virgin modem to the dialler ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

The tex hasnt worked on eircom line in about 3 years. You will have to get a gsm-q or a Gsm -sc.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand though. I don't have an Eircom line any more , I have a Virgin modem with landline. Do I still need to change the dialler in my alarm unit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

djh2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand though. I don't have an Eircom line any more , I have a Virgin modem with landline. Do I still need to change the dialler in my alarm unit ?

No, your COMMS system won`t work anymore. You need to upgrade and fit either a GSM Q (which will text you) or a Securecomm IP communicator which will give you the APP if you want connectivity. You may need to update the software on your 1070 panel if it is several years old

Is it a 1070 if so i would go for the gsm better options

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a HKC SW1070 alarm. At one stage I had an Eircom landline which was used to text my phone with an alarm alert. I have changed my provider to Virgin Media. Will the same dialler work for this function if I run a phone cable from the Virgin modem to the dialler ?

You could also set up the voice option and use the dialer you have if its a DTV already installed.
    This will work as the virgin media box will provide a line to the alarm.

• Advertisement

If you go for gsm-sc or wifi car
    Soft ware upgrade v4 needed

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Just want to say a big thank you to altor regarding my query. He was perfectly correct about setting up the voice option using the existing dialler. A gentleman to deal with and couldn't be more helpful. Thanks again altor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just want to say a big thank you to altor regarding my query. He was perfectly correct about setting up the voice option using the existing dialler. A gentleman to deal with and couldn't be more helpful. Thanks again altor.

Brilliant, glad you got it all sorted

Advertisement