Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IronLanger : from unfit flabby fatties to lean mean racing Adonis

Options
  • 05-06-2018 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I pulled the trigger on Ironman Cork today. Excited at the prospect of it. I am fairly sure, but not certain, that I can swim. I can run up to 12km albeit not the fastest and sure who forgets how to ride a bike. A tad rotund and somewhat lacking in self discipline but hopefully both will change over the year.

I intend to chronicle my adventures and seek advice from others here over the year. Any and all constructive comments appreciated

Training starts tomorrow!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What is your triathlon background?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dong

Day one of training and great weather for it. A 45 minute easy plod and an hour fifteen spin on the bike. Knees and back not enjoying the activity and a lot of complaining from them tonight. It is a start.

What is your triathlon background?

Dabbled in the past a little. Very much a zero to hero endeavour

Some knee pain yesterday so I took yesterday off.
    Easy run today but still some discomfort in the knee and my upper thighs. Bailed early on the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

First off - good luck with your endeavour.

Are you following a plan?

My suggestions would be to start small and slow, and then build slowly. Get the body used to it and slowly build the base. Going too far, or too fast, early on will stress the body too much and lead to injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Best of luck with your training, delighted to see IM cork brining some fresh blood to the forum. There are some well experiences peeps around here who can give you some good advice.
    dong wrote: »
    Some knee pain yesterday so I took yesterday off.
    Easy run today but still some discomfort in the knee and my upper thighs. Bailed early on the run.

Get these niggles sorted if you can and that will get you off to a good start. You need a good foundation before starting your construction. Look at including some strength and conditioning into your programme maybe?

Advertisement