Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misinformed

Options
  • 05-06-2018 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Have eir engineer calling tomorrow to install broadband, switching from sky.. I was told on the phone when switching I didn't need to inform sky as it would all be done like a utility bill switch, eir simply take charge of bill from datE of install..
    After a call to sky this eveing , I have been informed I need to give them 31 days notice, and because I'm out of contract I have to pay 55€ for a month where I wont be using it... Really annoyed that eir agent told me wrong info.. Now I'm stuck paying full price for sky broadband for a month and on top of that i m paying Sir as well.. Paying two companies, only using one...

Just posting this so it doesn't happen anyone else..

Eir, be great if you could give me feedback here also...

Annoyed and not even on service with ye yet..not a good start tbh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Have eir engineer calling tomorrow to install broadband, switching from sky.. I was told on the phone when switching I didn't need to inform sky as it would all be done like a utility bill switch, eir simply take charge of bill from datE of install..
    After a call to sky this eveing , I have been informed I need to give them 31 days notice, and because I'm out of contract I have to pay 55€ for a month where I wont be using it... Really annoyed that eir  agent told me wrong info.. Now I'm stuck paying full price for sky broadband for a month and on top of that i m paying Sir as well.. Paying two companies, only using one...

Just posting this so it doesn't happen anyone else..

Eir, be great if you could give me feedback here also...

Annoyed and not even on service with ye yet..not a good start tbh
    Hi Chattymummy, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

The agent has advised you correctly from our side here, once you are out of contract with your current service provider you can move the services. We would process a switch order and this will close your account down with Sky and transfer the billing over to us on that same day. The billing will end with Sky and move to ourselves on the day of the switchover. 

I'm afraid I would be unable to comment on another service providers cancellation policies so would be unable to give any information on this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

Hi Chattymummy, 

The agent has advised you correctly from our side here, once you are out of contract with your current service provider you can move the services. We would process a switch order and this will close your account down with Sky and transfer the billing over to us on that same day. The billing will end with Sky and move to ourselves on the day of the switchover. 

I'm afraid I would be unable to comment on another service providers cancellation policies so would be unable to give any information on this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Yes and as you said above the billing would end with sky and transfer to Eir. So that tells me I need to do nothing as told on phone by agent, now I'm stuck with a very large bill from sky as they need 31 days notice.. I was told its like utility and you take over bill which you have confirmed, so why am i having to pay sky and eir for the same service???? You need to tell new customers that yes they do need to inform their current provider or a switch... Annoyed to say least....

Hi Chattymummy, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Yes and as you said above the billing would end with sky and transfer to Eir. So that tells me I need to do nothing as told on phone by agent, now I'm stuck with a very large bill from sky as they need 31 days notice.. I was told its like utility and you take over bill which you have confirmed, so why am i having to pay sky and eir for the same service???? You need to tell new customers that yes they do need to inform their current provider or a switch... Annoyed to say least....
    I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry it's not better news. 

This is the standard procedure for a switchover order. Your current service provider should stop billing you on the date that the switch to us happens. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

This is the standard procedure for a switchover order. Your current service provider should stop billing you on the date that the switch to us happens. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tks Tracey, I understand its sky at fault.. Just annoying...

On another note, broadband installed, was told phone line be active within an hour, but I'm still waiting.. Could you check was there a problem with install.. Tks

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tks Tracey, I understand its sky at fault.. Just annoying...

On another note, broadband installed, was told phone line be active within an hour, but I'm still waiting.. Could you check was there a problem with install.. Tks
    I understand. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement