Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone line connected - what speed can I expect?

Options
  • 05-06-2018 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi 

I've just had my phone line connected and broadband activated.

Speeds are lower that I expected @ at 21Mb down and 700k up according to the modem DSL line info page. On a wired connection I'm getting 19-20Mbps down and lucky to get over 500Kbps up.

I'm just wondering if this is the best I can expect or is there an "upgrade" to the line that happens after the initial install?

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

msmx5 wrote: »
    Hi 

Speeds are lower that I expected @ at 21Mb down and 700k up according to the modem DSL line info page. On a wired connection I'm getting 19-20Mbps down and lucky to get over 500Kbps up.

I'm just wondering if this is the best I can expect or is there an "upgrade" to the line that happens after the initial install?

M
    Hi msmx5, 

Thanks for contacting us here. 

There is no standard upgrade that happens after an installation I'm afraid. 

You can view some helpful tips for broadband speeds here If you are still experiencing issues and want further assistance our support team on 1890 260 260 will be happy to help you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Hi 

M
    Hi msmx5, 

You can view some helpful tips for broadband speeds here If you are still experiencing issues and want further assistance our support team on 1890 260 260 will be happy to help you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    OK Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi 

M
    Hi msmx5, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    OK Thanks
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement