Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with hotel

Options
  • 06-06-2018 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi. Apologies for the long post but need urgent help. I gave my card details to a hotel for my dad as he was interested in a one night there as he was going to a party in Belfast. Was told by family that as they were having a family birthday party that weekend in the hotel there was a discount on the room. Asked the hotel this on four separate occasions and was told by various staff that management had to be consulted. Never got any emails and just found out that the hotel has charged me £70! Rang up and was told that actually room was £125! Raging because my dad did not stay in hotel and card details were only given to secure room not to confirm it. As well they cancelled my aunt's booking last minute. Sorry for long winded post but I am now wondering could the hotel come after me for the £55 more they want from me? Could they take the money when it's in my account in let's say a month's time? I don't have that money in my account yet am surprised that they didn't take all the money from my account as I still have a few bob in it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Your post is quite confusing .. but when you book a hotel room and give a card number this is to secure your booking ... if you don’t cancel the booking (according to their terms) and don’t show up they are entitled to take payment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

<SNIO>

Did you cancel the booking before 24 hours of staying there? You cant expect the hotel to take the hit if you didn't cancel it with proper notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

What were the terms and conditions of the booking? How much notice did you have to give for cancellation? 24 hours/48hours etc? Did you check was it a prepaid room? How much notice of cancellation did your Dad give or did he just not turn up?

Your aunts room is separate to your Dads room. Did they say why they cancelled it? Some (not many) hotels will cancel your booking if the credit card you give no longer works 24 hours before check in. They sometimes (very few) if you do not check in before 6pm without telling them that you will be an evening late check in.

Advertisement