Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

erroneous outstanding charge

Options
  • 06-06-2018 8:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't normally attempt to deal with a service provider publicly, but in this case I have no choice. Eir's automated phone system will not put me through to a real person without a valid Eir account number, which I no longer have.

In February, following a letter announcing a price increase, I contacted Eir and terminated my landline/broadband contract. This process appeared to go smoothly, and I was informed that everything was in order.

Subsequent to this, I received an email stating that I owed approx. €60 to Eir. However, I had not received a bill, and without an active account I was unable to obtain a bill online.

I queried this, and was told that the charge was a penalty for early contract termination. I explained the following:

1.    Because my termination was in response to a price increase, there should be no penalty.

2.    When I extended my contract, Eir and I had agreed to a 12-month term rather than the usual 18-month term. A note to this effect was added to my account, and the customer service agent confirmed that the note was still present. The agreed 12-month term had passed when I terminated the contract.

The Eir agent confirmed both points and said that I should not be receiving any charge. He added that his team leader would resolve this erroneous charge on my behalf and confirmed that I would not need to take any further action.

I am still receiving emails about this outstanding balance, and cannot contact Eir by phone. On a related note, I attempted to transfer my mobile phone account to a new provider, and this has been declined due to the outstanding charge.

Could somebody from Eir please resolve this and remove my name from any list of debtors on which it has been placed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

animaal wrote: »
    I wouldn't normally attempt to deal with a service provider publicly, but in this case I have no choice. Eir's automated phone system will not put me through to a real person without a valid Eir account number, which I no longer have.

In February, following a letter announcing a price increase, I contacted Eir and terminated my landline/broadband contract. This process appeared to go smoothly, and I was informed that everything was in order.

Subsequent to this, I received an email stating that I owed approx. €60 to Eir. However, I had not received a bill, and without an active account I was unable to obtain a bill online.

I queried this, and was told that the charge was a penalty for early contract termination. I explained the following:

1.    Because my termination was in response to a price increase, there should be no penalty.

2.    When I extended my contract, Eir and I had agreed to a 12-month term rather than the usual 18-month term. A note to this effect was added to my account, and the customer service agent confirmed that the note was still present. The agreed 12-month term had passed when I terminated the contract.

The Eir agent confirmed both points and said that I should not be receiving any charge. He added that his team leader would resolve this erroneous charge on my behalf and confirmed that I would not need to take any further action.

I am still receiving emails about this outstanding balance, and cannot contact Eir by phone. On a related note, I attempted to transfer my mobile phone account to a new provider, and this has been declined due to the outstanding charge.

Could somebody from Eir please resolve this and remove my name from any list of debtors on which it has been placed.
    Morning,

I had a similar issue yesterday. They text me to say that there was unusually high usage on my account and to call 017662506 to avoid disruption on excessive high bills. Tried calling but couldn't get through as my account number wasn't valid. Well its closed. Some how got past that i the end, think i tried a different number and credit control cold transferred me to care. They said i hadn't returned the equipment and i owed 139.99. The girl said she removed this charge but i have no way of checking if this has happened. The post i put up here hasn't been answered.

I just want to know why and how this charge was placed on my account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi animaal, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I will have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

oppiuy wrote: »

Morning,

I had a similar issue yesterday. They text me to say that there was unusually high usage on my account and to call 017662506 to avoid disruption on excessive high bills. Tried calling but couldn't get through as my account number wasn't valid. Well its closed. Some how got past that i the end, think i tried a different number and credit control cold transferred me to care. They said i hadn't returned the equipment and i owed 139.99. The girl said she removed this charge but i have no way of checking if this has happened. The post i put up here hasn't been answered.

I just want to know why and how this charge was placed on my account
    Hi oppiuy, 

I've responded to you on your own thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement