Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower cuts out on slight incline

Options
  • 06-06-2018 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I have an elderly friend i cut the lawn for. His lawnmower struggles and cuts out when going in the direction where there is a very slight incline. Seems like petrol is not getting through. When i go the other way the engine picks up again if it had been struggling. What would this be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Yep, petrol not getting through.

Could be water in the fuel, the fuel filter clogged up, or the float valve sticking or clogged, or some of the tiny passages and jets in the carburettor blocked.

If you dismantle the fuel system and carburetor and give every part of it a thorough cleaning and reassemble it you should be running right again. You'd need new gaskets for the carburettor at least if you're doing it.

Advertisement