Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: Best place for bicycle insurance?

Options
  • 06-06-2018 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for insurance against theft / damage for my bike.

Is this a good one to go with? http://www.bicycleinsurance.ie/

Has anyone done this before and have a company to recommend?

Thanks,
    Evan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have you tried to add to it your house insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Would that still cover it if I'm leaving it locked up (off street) at the office?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Phone them and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Would that still cover it if I'm leaving it locked up (off street) at the office?

Some of them do All Risks cover so worth a chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That crowd won't insure any bike that has upgrades. I tried them and they wouldn't cover the replacement value of upgraded wheels or Groupset even with receipts provided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

That crowd won't insure any bike that has upgrades. I tried them and they wouldn't cover the replacement value of upgraded wheels or Groupset even with receipts provided

...I think also that the bike has to be <3 years old as well.

Seen one called BIKMO which came up on my bookface feed, and they look ok from the website but I haven't seen/heard anything of them - seems they will insure by month as well. I'm taking two bikes to Catalonia next month and looks like I'd be able to insure them just for that month.
    Don't suppose anyone here had dealings with them?

Advertisement