Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

D.Q wrote: »
    Can you remember what time they played at? This slot is 2.30am, seems a very odd time for a special guest.

Ash played in the late afternoon/early evening I think - the time kinda melted it thought so it could have been 10pm pahaha it was bright out...I think.

I thought of Versatile earlier as well and would suit the time slot deffo, personally think it would be gas craic but I don't know if the majority of the crowd would be in to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The Minutes/ Otherkin also in with a shout if we're going down a rocky road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansherid

seansherid wrote: »
    I'd be super happy with Meltybrains? showing up again. Too good on the Sunday last time. Le Galaxie are pretty cool too. I was raging I missed Ash as the surprise act last time on the Friday.
    Can you remember what time they played at? This slot is 2.30am, seems a very odd time for a special guest.
    Can't really recall. I remember it being like around 9/10pm or something like that? It's all a bit of a haze haha

I'd be super happy with Meltybrains? showing up again. Too good on the Sunday last time. Le Galaxie are pretty cool too. I was raging I missed Ash as the surprise act last time on the Friday.
    Can't really recall. I remember it being like around 9/10pm or something like that? It's all a bit of a haze haha
    Peesh89 wrote: »

Ash played in the late afternoon/early evening I think - the time kinda melted it thought so it could have been 10pm pahaha it was bright out...I think.

I thought of Versatile earlier as well and would suit the time slot deffo, personally think it would be gas craic but I don't know if the majority of the crowd would be in to it?

You two fellas need to invest in some timekeeping devices.

I'm a laaayydee I'll have you know. And the one who keeps the group together with the times of the acts usually so I'm ashamed for my lapse in memory :D

I went and found it.. it was half nine.

• Advertisement

I'm a laaayydee I'll have you know. And the one who keeps the group together with the times of the acts usually so I'm ashamed for my lapse in memory  :D

I went and found it.. it was half nine.
    I was pretty damn close with my guess :D

Only one week to go :D Wonder when the site map's going to be released?

I reckon tomorrow :) fingers crossed! Dunno how I'm going to work this week at all. The excitement is through the roof with the group I'm going with all making plans for lifts and exchanging shopping lists!

I reckon tomorrow :) fingers crossed! Dunno how I'm going to work this week at all. The excitement is through the roof with the group I'm going with all making plans for lifts and exchanging shopping lists!
    Hopefully! Am travelling from abroad to return home for this! Gonna have the absolute craic! You doing from the Friday or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

The Minutes/ Otherkin also in with a shout if we're going down a rocky road.

That would be a good road to go down.

• Advertisement

Hopefully! Am travelling from abroad to return home for this! Gonna have the absolute craic! You doing from the Friday or?

Yep some of our group are heading down Friday lunch time-ish from Kilcoole so not far away :) then another few coming down on Saturday morning so hopefully be able to keep them space for tents.
    SO frickin' excited lads!

Yep some of our group are heading down Friday lunch time-ish from Kilcoole so not far away :) then another few coming down on Saturday morning so hopefully be able to keep them space for tents.
    SO frickin' excited lads!
    haha We're all heading from Wicklow town, guarantee there's some crossover in our social circles.

WHO ARE YOU! I'll just start shouting DQ around the place after a few cans.

WHO ARE YOU!  I'll just start shouting DQ around the place after a few cans.
    Haha my real world name is Andy.

This week is a week for weather forecasts and several drafts of the same list.

Weather will be a hard one to know about until the day of I'd say.

The guys on the weather forum on here have always had it pretty accurate about a week out.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107538583#post107538583

haha We're all heading from Wicklow town, guarantee there's some crossover in our social circles.

I'm a detective online.. pretty sure we went to the same school.
    If your surname begins with J then you're friends with my best friend :p

PLEASE RAIN GO AWAY TNX

Weather's not looking too good for Sunday. However, Saturday's looking class!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So this weekend coming eh! Enjoy folks, might try to make this one next year having already sorted out my festival calendar of B&S, ATN and EP plus I live in Galway city so plenty of festivities around here too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So this weekend coming eh! Enjoy folks, might try to make this one next year having already sorted out my festival calendar of B&S, ATN and EP plus I live in Galway city so plenty of festivities around here too.
    They all ain't Knockanstockan though ;)

• Advertisement

One day I shall run in to you at a festival BD! Love reading your post festival blogs :)

Have you been to knockanstockan before man?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have you been to knockanstockan before man?

Not yet, will get around to it though. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Not yet, will get around to it though. :)

From reading your blogs I'd say it's right up your street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m seriously considering picking up a ticket for this. Will they still be available on Friday?

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’m seriously considering picking up a ticket for this. Will they still be available on Friday?

Do iiiiit!
    I reckon they will be, deffo sat/sun weekend tickets left but could be tight getting the Friday extra ticket thing they have going on.

in two minds about boots, might just chance an old pair of runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I always find boots are overkill for a festival unless its raining torrentially for the whole weekend. Spose it depends on the ground too. No harm though if you can just have them in a boot of a car just in case.

I've been to two Downloads and boots were an absolute necessity.
    I think the amount of people makes the most difference. A small festival like KS shouldn't tear the ground up too much, rain or not.

• Advertisement

the above statement stinks of famous last words.

Advertisement