Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansherid

The forecast is changing constantly would keep my eyes on it closer to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

I'm assuming everyone will have their corsets and sequins on for the Rocky Horror drag and burlesque show on Sunday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thewolfisloose

D.Q wrote: »
    No idea! Some possibilities I have considered. No real evidence, just think these bands are a bit conspicuous by their absence.

King Kong Company
    Meltybrains? (good shout by a poster earlier in the thread)
    Versatile
    Le Galaxie

Versatile would make sense as a special guest, as they'd pull a heap of scrotes if they were announced at all. They'd be ****in' deadly.

I'd also be very happy with New Secret Weapon, who aren't on the line-up this year for whatever reason.

Versatile would make sense as a special guest, as they'd pull a heap of scrotes if they were announced at all. They'd be ****in' deadly.

I'd also be very happy with New Secret Weapon, who aren't on the line-up this year for whatever reason.

Would love New Secret Weapon!!

I'm thinking wyvern lingo now.. some of the knockanstockan crew were at their gig in trinity the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Peesh89 wrote: »

Would love New Secret Weapon!!

I'm thinking wyvern lingo now.. some of the knockanstockan crew were at their gig in trinity the other day.
    Saw that alright! Would also love New Secret Weapon. Saw them before the eskies in 2014 and they blew me away. 
    Wyvern Lingo a very good shout as well.

• Advertisement

Getting impatient now, I wanna see the map!

haha they just emailed the map out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

KS-Site-Map-FINAL-copy-800x580.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Didn't think of KKC christ that would have been incredible.. I hope they're just being secretive.
    It's the new Carlsberg stage as well so I'm sure they'd have cash to splash

Ah I'd be skeptical it's KKC

They did have this on their site though:

http://kingkongcompany.com/2018/07/18/our-summer-gigs-fetsivals-times-and-stages-from-now-till-september/
    And maybe some other festival 😉

Didn't think of KKC christ that would have been incredible.. I hope they're just being secretive.
    It's the new Carlsberg stage as well so I'm sure they'd have cash to splash

Ah I'd be skeptical it's KKC

They did have this on their site though:

http://kingkongcompany.com/2018/07/18/our-summer-gigs-fetsivals-times-and-stages-from-now-till-september/
    And maybe some other festival 😉
    Yeah I feel like KKC are a name you'd want on the poster, they'd sell tickets for sure.

• Advertisement

OH. This changes everything.
    Pray to the Box Head gods.

Haha I'd say they mean Picnic. :'(

On a brighter note, almost there. Just a few more hours before the booze/supplies shopping spree. Meeting some of the lads in town for a pint at 11.30 tomorrow. Living for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

"And maybe some other festival ��"

Electric Picnic - they've said it on their facebook a few times already. Announcement next month apparently.

You're all crushing my dreams.
    Ok back to the Meltybrains rumour campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thewolfisloose

Looks like New Secret Weapon are out as a potential special guest for the Friday. One of the members is doing time right now. :(

Looks like New Secret Weapon are out as a potential special guest for the Friday. One of the members is doing time right now. :(

Haha didn't want to mention.

Bicurious also out. Guitarist broke his wrist.

Wyvern Lingo had KS related stuff on their story earlier. Say that's who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansherid

Can't wait lads, doing last minute packing and off on the search for cans before we head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just bought my ticket there! Working today tho so won’t be down until late. Looking forward to this.

I'm in work til one. Trying not to bounce off the walls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope ye are all getting a bit of decent weather in Blessington, its been bucketing in Galway for the last few hours now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Its been a day full of strange omens, Duncan's horses dd turn and eat each other.

The weather god has really conspired against us.

Setting odd shortly. Any word how the ground is holding up below there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hope everyone has a great time. Could those down there take a few pics and post, I cant make it this year :mad:

Great weekend. Weather wasn't too bad.

Well that was fun. Great little festival, no idea who any of the bands were that I saw! Hot Sprockets were good last night.

Last night at the main stage, the main stage was really unique and beautiful as well.

Did anyone catch The Murder Capital in dimestore? Absolutely incredible band I thought. So menacing. Theyre playing Whelans soon, definitely gonna head in.

There’s a few bands I remember seeing whose names I need to find on the lineup, definitely saw a couple of great acts. There was a really nice crowd at it too, really chilled out. The fire pit was great on Sunday night. I’ll definitely be aiming to go again next year.

The only thing that annoyed me was having to pay a fiver for parking in a field about 3kms from the festival and then having to pay 2 quid to get a bus over there. Should be part of the ticket price.

Yeah I went in 2015 and wasn't impressed with the parking situation at all. Took ages to wait for the shuttle bus etc.

Got the bus from Dublin this year for 20e. Drove straight to the gates and picked up there as well. Will definitely be doing the same this year.

Uuughhh just wish I could do that weekend over again. I'm going to Altogether now this weekend but it doesn't have the same depth to the lineup in my opinion. Haha first world problems I know.

• Advertisement

Actually, there was one very sour point of the weekend. That ****ing bastard security crew going around hitting bins and pots and pans etc on Monday morning.

Goes completely against the vibe of the festival. Absolute ****ing ****.

Advertisement