Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit card problem

Options
  • 06-06-2018 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

I used my Visa Debit card to pay for groceries in Tesco Liffey Valley on the 1- jun -18 and the card was declined. I attempted to pay three times and still declined. I then had to withdraw cash and pay in cash for my purchases. When I checked my account it showed three withdrawals of €39.92 which have not been resolved on my account. The customer staff desk at Tesco say that these are ghost transactions and should be cancelled and the money refunded on my account. I realise that Visa had a big outage on the 1st June but when will my money be refunded into my account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

doolox wrote: »
    I used my Visa Debit card to pay for groceries in Tesco Liffey Valley on the 1- jun -18 and the card was declined. I attempted to pay three times and still declined. I then had to withdraw cash and pay in cash for my purchases. When I checked my account it showed three withdrawals of €39.92 which have not been resolved on my account. The customer staff desk at Tesco say that these are ghost transactions and should be cancelled and the money refunded on my account. I realise that Visa had a big outage on the 1st June but when will my money be refunded into my account?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Any transactions like this should fall off your account automatically once the transaction is fully processed. Depending on how the retailers bank processes the transaction it can take up to 5 working days for the amount to fall of the account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement