Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill and Una Mulally Threads on AHs

Options
  • 06-06-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

So there are currently two threads on AH, about the above (Louise O'Neil, and Una Mulally) Celebs/Authors/Journos. Know I dont really know who either are, nor do I really care. But my issue is the almost daily changing of the thread titles. Now after a certain period, OPs cannot edit their post, or the title, so it leads me to beleive, that its the mods who are doing this.

Would this not be a slight abuse of power, either editing the orriginal context of the OP, or putting their own agenda, or view, into the OP, rather than adding to the discussion with their own post.

I noticed a similar trend, during the abortion debate, where the tittle changed, to either support or abuse one side of the debate, or reflect the current news situation. Again a possible abuse, to lead the conversation, rather than adding to the conversation in the form of a new post.

Maybe this is something the mods/admin could look at in thier private discussions on the forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Some of them may have merged,possibly.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is a local forum issue and as per the Feedback charter, this forum is for site-wide issues:

"This forum is for feedback on Boards.ie related issues. It is a place for you to comment and air your opinion on issues that have a site-wide relevance, or offer suggestions on ways to improve user experience on the site."

If you have a difficulty with a moderator practice such as this, firstly PM the mod/s in question or relevant CMods. If you cannot resolve the issue, start a thread in Help Desk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement