Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strava Problems

• 06-06-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've only recently signed up to Strava. All was going well until one watch broke on me. I've synced the new watch to Strava using Garmin Connect. When I did that 3 of the 4 runs I had done since transferred right away over to Strava as well. But one run - the marathon - didn't. I've tried signing in and out and disconnecting and reconnecting Strava to Garmin Connect but the run still hasn't come up. Likely something stupid I've done wrong or not done at all but if anyone has any ideas that could help then please share!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

on PC download .gpx from garmin, upload gpx file to strava. Job done in under 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

You can upload an activity or add a manual entry. Have you tried that?

On the desktop version, top right the orange + button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Is that using the website? I'm on the apps. Not that tech savvy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭MY BAD

You can use tapiriik.com to sync all your historic runs from Garmin to Strava. It also covers other platforms too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Is that using the website? I'm on the apps. Not that tech savvy!

Yes, from the Garmin website login and you can download the file, save this and then use this to upload to the Strava desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Hi all. I've only recently signed up to Strava. All was going well until one watch broke on me. I've synced the new watch to Strava using Garmin Connect. When I did that 3 of the 4 runs I had done since transferred right away over to Strava as well. But one run - the marathon - didn't. I've tried signing in and out and disconnecting and reconnecting Strava to Garmin Connect but the run still hasn't come up. Likely something stupid I've done wrong or not done at all but if anyone has any ideas that could help then please share!

Is the activity on Garmin Connect?
    If so then:
    1. Open Garmin Connect
    2. Click on the wheel icon
    3. Export to GPX
    4. Save in a location you will remember on your pc
    5. Open Strava
    6. Hover over the + icon and click upload activity
    7. Click file from the left hand menu
    8. Click choose files and navigate to the location you saved your GPX file
    9. Highlight the file and click open / save

Advertisement