Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

after a/c switch to another provider: no labels yet.

Options
  • 06-06-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi

I have switched to another provdier and got a letter verifying this to be the case about 2 weeks ago.

This letters state I will receive another letter with labels so I can return the equipment via Freepost and get a receipt from An Post within 30 days.

So this second letter with labels has not arrived yet. I don't know which address to use for returning the equipment, and whether I can make my own labels, because my 30 days for returning the equipment is half over at this stage.

I have visited the returning equipment website which gives a bit more information, but sadly not the address nor how I may get the labels.

Could you offer some advice? I would prefer the An Post option as it gives a receipt with date when I hand in the box.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi stabeek,

If you contact our member of our webchat team here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ they can arrange a jiffy bag to be sent out to return the equiptment in.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

Thanks Sarah.

They gave me an address rather than some jiffy bags.

I really feel it's a small bit of information that could have been given to me in the switch notification letter I got
    rather than having the customer eat up their 30 days moratorium waiting. It doesn't seem confidential nor particular information,cant see a reason for not including it.

It leads me directly to the suspicion that some customers will get caught out and be charged.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi stabeek,

I will be sure to relay your feedback to the relevant team in regards to this matter.

If a customer is wrongly charged for any reason then this would be waived or refunded as soon as the equiptment is returned.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

stabeek wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah.

They gave me an address rather than some jiffy bags.

I really feel it's a small bit of information that could have been given to me in the switch notification letter I got
    rather than having the customer eat up their 30 days moratorium waiting. It doesn't seem confidential nor particular information,cant see a reason for not including it.

It leads me directly to the suspicion that some customers will get caught out and be charged.

Thanks.
    Hi,

Take a picture when returning it in the post office. Maybe ask for some sort of receipt, although you dont get one with free post. I'm chasing a charge for equipment on my account even though it was previously confirmed as returned when the guys refunded a credit on the account back in April.

Also cancel your direct debit with the bank once the final bill issues, just in case

Hi oppiuy,

I did get a receipt with a date from the post office.

Yes thanks for the advice, I also took a picture.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just to follow up on this issue: In the mean time the following happened:

1) Via chat I was given an Eir Returns address in Limerick. Note I was *not* told to write our account number on the outside of the box. However, I did include it in a note on the inside of the box.
    2) I packed every thing in a orange/red Nike runners box and sent it off after taking a photo of contents and getting a receipt from An Post.
    3) Several days later I get hold of the envelope with the labels: however, they give an Eir Returns address in Dublin this time, with our account number also on the label.
    4) It so happened that of all items I packed, I had forgotten the remote control, so I packed that off in a jiffy back and used the labels this time.
    5) this month, we receive a bill for something like €59 after our account has closed. I guess this is a charge for equipment not returned.

I can send on the photo to you privately. Kindly tell me how to establish that I indded have send back all the equipment and do not deserve the €59 charge.

Thank you and regards.

Hi eir team,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the above situation.

Many thanks!

Hi eir team,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the above situation.

Many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

stabeek wrote: »
    Hi,

Just to follow up on this issue: In the mean time the following happened:

1) Via chat I was given an Eir Returns address in Limerick. Note I was *not* told to write our account number on the outside of the box. However, I did include it in a note on the inside of the box.
    2) I packed every thing in a orange/red Nike runners box and sent it off after taking a photo of contents and getting a receipt from An Post.
    3) Several days later I get hold of the envelope with the labels: however, they give an Eir Returns address in Dublin this time, with our account number also on the label.
    4) It so happened that of all items I packed, I had forgotten the remote control, so I packed that off in a jiffy back and used the labels this time.
    5) this month, we receive a bill for something like €59 after our account has closed. I guess this is a charge for equipment not returned.

I can send on the photo to you privately. Kindly tell me how to establish that I indded have send back all the equipment and do not deserve the €59 charge.

Thank you and regards.
    Hi there, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been charged for this, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement