Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 land requirement

Options
  • 06-06-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi would anyone know what the minimum acerage would be on for a .223 on hilly ground

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Don’t think there is anything specific written in to law as such. As like a lot of things it probably depends on your local FO so maybe have a chat with them before you take the plunge and buy a rifle. I know when I went looking about a .22lr for pest control around the farm my local FO said anything over 30 acres was grand for a rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ruger2012

I already have the rifle in the north I have 100's of acres to shoot in the South but farmer doesn't want the foxes shot, then I know someone with a small piece of land getting tortured with foxes it's well under 30 acres but a very good back stop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

We don't have the same land size requirements as the north or UK. There is no legal restrictions on land size. Once its not in/around dwellings, buildings, or from a road you're good to go.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

100% correct. And don't be told by those in power, that it is a requirement. Ask them then to show you exactly where it says so in the firearms acts if they insist that it is gospel.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement