Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "you're the professional! Do I ask you how to explode old ladies's houses or come up with creative racial slurs in archaic languages, spangala arwenessa? I'd say wait till you see the whites of his eyes, but... Well... "

She slow-blinks her ebon peepers for emphasis.

"Gauge when he's about half way between your start and end point and warn me if that's going to put him inside my range, might as well get a few pops in, get his attention."

(If we're in range, she shouts to the elemental "let me pass and I'll send you home quickly")
    As they clear a small hill, they see the elemental up ahead, about as big as a house.

"Perfect!" Lumol says "Grab my tail raptor...Retula, you can get one shot off I'd say"

The elemental doesn't even react to Retula as she shouts. It is too busy firing lava and fire into the faces of other racers, especially the tougher looking ones. It has already started a forest fire.

OOC: Dex check to see if you are quick enough to hit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc :20

Retula manages to spin up a spell quick enough...

OOC: Just deal the damage, no need to see if you hit

Ooc : 9

Ooc : 9
    A ball of white hot extra-planar energy hits the elemental in the face, causing it to miss its next target.

Enraged it turns and charges Retula. Lumol phaseshifts at just that point, the whole world turning blue as they pass through the elemental, directly behind it, the carriage carrying three mages, one with his arms raised and concentrating.

"Will I toss you on Retty?" Tsoin asks

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    A ball of white hot extra-planar energy hits the elemental in the face, causing it to miss its next target.

Enraged it turns and charges Retula. Lumol phaseshifts at just that point, the whole world turning blue as they pass through the elemental, directly behind it, the carriage carrying three mages, one with his arms raised and concentrating.

"Will I toss you on Retty?" Tsoin asks

"I'm not one for hand to hand. Let me do this first..."

Ooc : Thorn whip on the summoner. Rolled 14+4+2=20
    Edit : if successful, drag him off the cart and keep going - trample if it's an option

The elemental begins to turn, but is hit with a blast of water from the Elven river god.

"This way oh far creature of elements, your brethren would have a word!"

A plant erupts from Retula's hand, leaves of black feather and thorns of raven talons and wraps around the summoners leg, pulling him from the cart, where he hits the ground with a thump, before he is impaled through the eye by Tsoin's foot claw as he tramples him.

"Jaqti!!!" Another Mage turns, crying as he says it. The other stops the cart to get off. "No...no...NOOOOOO!!!!" Other racers speed by ignoring them.

Ahead Retula sees a fork through some jungle. To the left, dense tree coverage, to the right clear enough, but with a river visible.

"Tsoin, if you're good with the trees - and on the way here you were ****ing great with the trees - let's go that way. Don't fancy tangling with the river god on home turf"

"Tsoin, if you're good with the trees - and on the way here you were ****ing great with the trees - let's go that way. Don't fancy tangling with the river god on home turf"
    He nods and turns toward the denser passage.

The run for a few minutes before Retula sees a huge snake uncurl itself from a stone idol.

She feels her joints begin to stiffen as it looks at her...

OOC: Charisma check

LHLzwx.jpg

If feasible, she starts writing in her book - wait, what?

Ooc : 9, +4 + prof on cha saves =15

• Advertisement

Retula manages to tear her eyes away, most of the racers alongside her turn to stone.

The snake hisses and begins to move along the ground toward her....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The man in golden armour who spoke to Retula floats back up to the other ghostly judges and whispers to another one in jade armour, who then nods and heads away from the race to the North.
    Suspicions aroused Mags follows as discreetly as he can.
    "If anyone's gonna nobble this race it'll be me."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Suspicions aroused Mags follows as discreetly as he can.
    "If anyone's gonna nobble this race it'll be me."
    Mags follows the jade clad warrior to a small grove, where he seems to be assembling some kind of totem, adorned with peasant wish scrolls and various knick knacks.

He is too absorbed in his work to notice Mags.

Mags uses 'Magehand' to fingerflick trinkets off the totem as they are being put on, keeping the knight distracted as he moves into striking range. He finesses the tip of his rapier to the seam between helmet and pauldrons, at that thin bit of neck that is on view between layers of armour.
    "I think we should be aiming this interference at your racer, not mine, donja think?"

OOC:Intimidation roll?

Mags uses 'Magehand' to fingerflick trinkets off the totem as they are being put on, keeping the knight distracted as he moves into striking range. He finesses the tip of his rapier to the seam between helmet and pauldrons, at that thin bit of neck that is on view between layers of armour.
    "I think we should be aiming this interference at your racer, not mine, donja think?"

OOC:Intimidation roll?
    The ghost halts.

"This body is a construct I've been given for the race, I've died before, you'll only send me back to the afterlife. So I'm not scared of your little sword."

However he remains in place, back to Mags.

Mags, using all of his orcish scariness growls soft and menacing,
    "Do you really believe that death is the worst fate I can deliver you? Redirect your incantation against your own racer before I feed you to my Djinn, to be his plaything for all eternity. I'm sure you can appreciate how...lonely...a Djinn can get with no one to torment. Unimaginable horrors, ceaseless, for every moment of your existence, across every plane. Death is a mere bauble, like those trinkets you are playing with but the endless attention of a Djinn...well, now THAT is something special."

Mags, using all of his orcish scariness growls soft and menacing,
    "Do you really believe that death is the worst fate I can deliver you? Redirect your incantation against your own racer before I feed you to my Djinn, to be his plaything for all eternity. I'm sure you can appreciate how...lonely...a Djinn can get with no one to torment. Unimaginable horrors, ceaseless, for every moment of your existence, across every plane. Death is a mere bauble, like those trinkets you are playing with but the endless attention of a Djinn...well, now THAT is something special."
    Glancing at Mags's ring, he considers for but a moment.

"That is a Djinn's ring...I have little choice, my apologies Lord Yumjin..."

He begins to alter the spell.

"What is this Retula to you Bard, that you would help her so?"

Glancing at Mags's ring, he considers for but a moment.

"That is a Djinn's ring...I have little choice, my apologies Lord Yumjin..."

He begins to alter the spell.

"What is this Retula to you Bard, that you would help her so?"
    "She is my heartsong, she is my joy, she is my reason and she is my...awwww, who am I kidding, I'm only in it for the money and the fame.
    When you are finished with that spell please remove your armour, drop your weapons and magic trinkets then depart to the ethereal realm."

"She is my heartsong, she is my joy, she is my reason and she is my...awwww, who am I kidding, I'm only in it for the money and the fame.
    When you are finished with that spell please remove your armour, drop your weapons and magic trinkets then depart to the ethereal realm."
    The warrior does as Mags requests, but before vanishing he says in a low tone:

"We're right you know, in the end you and her will see"

Then he is gone.

Mags checks the booty and takes anything that might be useful to him, his companions or have a reasonable resale value. He speaks to the Djinn in the ring as he walks back to the town where he leaves any booty in his room.
    "I probably owe you a pint of ale for that. Your reputation is now Fearsome."
    He buffs the ring on his jacket.
    "Talk to ya next week dude."

He heads back to watch this Lord Yumjin and see if he does anything else sneekycheaty.

• Advertisement

Retula manages to tear her eyes away, most of the racers alongside her turn to stone.

The snake hisses and begins to move along the ground toward her....

OOC : Distance from me to him? Are there unpetrified racers behind me? (Bird can look) Also you mentioned it uncoiled from an idol - is it a stylised god or just another victim of it's petrifying stare.

OOC : Distance from me to him? Are there unpetrified racers behind me? (Bird can look) Also you mentioned it uncoiled from an idol - is it a stylised god or just another victim of it's petrifying stare.
    OOC: As of this split second, about ten seconds away.

Retula glances about her quickly, the majority of the racers near her have been petrified, only five or so have not been. The idol the snake came from looks too natural and life-like to be a carving of a god.

Ooc : too close to finish a binding and use it :(
    Create bonfire between Regular and the snake, at an angle so it has to turn to one side to avoid going through and she can cut in on the far side to keep it between them.

"Feast on them or choke on me, up to you, dude."

Ooc : too close to finish a binding and use it :(
    Create bonfire between Regular and the snake, at an angle so it has to turn to one side to avoid going through and she can cut in on the far side to keep it between them.

"Feast on them or choke on me, up to you, dude."
    The snake rears before the bonfire, swaying its head as it attempts to figure out what to do.

Retula finishes writing in her tome "Jaqti, the Shadow's Sting, who finds his mark and guides it home." then cups a treated bolt on one hand. If the snake moves she hurls the bolt at its face and commands "take it's right eye"

Retula finishes writing in her tome "Jaqti, the Shadow's Sting, who finds his mark and guides it home." then cups a treated bolt on one hand. If the snake moves she hurls the bolt at its face and commands "take it's right eye"
    OOC: Roll damage

Ooc : what's the roll? Nothings ever survived getting hit by the treated bolts before :) 1d6?

Ooc : what's the roll? Nothings ever survived getting hit by the treated bolts before :) 1d6?
    OOC: 4d10 here

Ooc 17 :(

• Advertisement

The bolt explodes, violently blowing off half of the snake's upper jaw, the bonfire now spreading into the jungle....

OOC: How does Retula go around the fire, left or right or something else?

Advertisement