Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : ****, wanted him half blind, angry and afraid of me.... Does this mean Jaqti won't be returning to my hand? Farewell, you daffy Magus!

Assuming the snake lost the right side of its upper jaw, Retula goes around that side of the fire (his right her left?) unless there's an obvious impediment or a big coiled snake body on that side. Dismiss the bonfire once (if?) Clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Retula heads to the right, Tsoin decides to cut the trip short by leaping over the fire once it is low enough. The snake doesn't catch her in time to bother with persuit.

"RETULA!!! SHE'S BEHIND US!!!"

The shout comes from a warrior on top of a war elephant, shouting to four others on the elephants back, two of whom are driving. The two not driving immediately pick up totem poles and load charms into a hole in their top. Magical energy begins to build within them as they point the totems at Retula...

Retula casts Spiritual Weapon up in the middle of the war elephant's palanquin (bonus action), shouts to Lumol "phase us through the elephant!" and tries to thorn-whip one of the blowpipers (action).

Ooc : range of SW is 60ft, TW is 30ft. If I'm not close enough let me know. Trying to go through from one side of elephant to other.

OOC: Damage for both, roll to hit for Thorn Whip

Tw to hit : 19
    Dmg 4
    SW dmg 11

• Advertisement

Retula raises her hand and a spear ruptures the fabric of reality and into existence up through the Palanquin and through the jaw of one of the drivers, who collapses forward off the elephant. The totems fire, but Lumol phases through the energy stream and leaps through the elephant, Tsoin keeping one hand in contact. As they emerge on the other side, the whip rises, wraps around the leg of one of the totem wielders, swinging him around while flaying his leg flesh. The totem turns with him and the energy cuts through the elephant as well, who dies bellowing in the jungle.

Up ahead, she can make out Iltsu, a small market town. She can pass through the town square or the residential area.

Ooc : she's a lady of the people - residential please!

As they approach Iltsu, Retula writes "elephant driver #1, the Shadow's Scribe, her thought made word", but leaving a space in case his name is required.

Ooc : trying to make my pen possessed!

Retula comes running through the residential area, the residents have already closed their windows and doors. A man running incredibly fast in golden boots begins to catch up on her, one of the few to survive the jungle snake.

"Thanks Retula...but I'm going to have to pass you out..."

He comes up level on her...

"Wow, you're fast! Let me blow you a kiss for luck!"
    If he doesn't look over Hetyaro is sent to mess with his face so he turns Retula's way, then hit him with the Beholder palm and ask him for the boots - she needs them to save Osinzir and hes so far ahead now he can win without them.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    "Wow, you're fast! Let me blow you a kiss for luck!"
    If he doesn't look over Hetyaro is sent to mess with his face so he turns Retula's way, then hit him with the Beholder palm and ask him for the boots - she needs them to save Osinzir and hes so far ahead now he can win without them.
    OOC: Charisma check

Ooc : ouch. Rolled a 1. 5 with mod, 7 if proficiency applies (have prof for cha saves). Don't think it matters :(

He stops and hands over the boots.

Then he looks her in the eye.

"I love you Retula, this is for you"

He puts on a set of black boots and accelerates back toward the jungle at a colossal speed. Retula then hears an almighty bang and a mushroom cloud on the horizon.

Retula watches him go, her face caught between awe and disgust. She waits a beat out of respect, then takes out her book and declares :
    "Im claiming that one. Pen, take a note - 'Speedy Splodeyfeet, the Shadow's Veil, the bringer of night" and covers her left wrist with her right arm.

Ooc : this assumes that binding the elephant driver to the pen worked earlier! If yes, she'll also bind the dead totem driver to bear the book - binding should now be hands free. Then she'll try on the boots, if she can do that without falling off the raptor.

The boots pop on easy enough mid raptor ride.

"Tsoin, which can you do faster, a jungle run or about a 140% longer run along a road?"

Retula looks around for other racers. If none immediately apparent she sends Hetyaro up for a wider view.

Ooc : did the pen move on command?

OldGoat wrote: »
    He heads back to watch this Lord Yumjin and see if he does anything else sneekycheaty.
    Mags sees a huge explosion erupt from the jungle, chunks of super-heated jungle soil come raining down toward the crowd at the valley....

"Tsoin, which can you do faster, a jungle run or about a 140% longer run along a road?"
    "Jungle, Retty, my claws were meant to grip soil"
    Retula looks around for other racers. If none immediately apparent she sends Hetyaro up for a wider view.
    She sees none in her vicinity, though as Hetyaro rises he sees some ahead of her having just left Iltsu. He swings around and sees that the majority are behind her, trying to contain the fallout from the explosion and continue the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Mags sees a huge explosion erupt from the jungle, chunks of super-heated jungle soil come raining down toward the crowd at the valley....
    Mags shouts at the crowds
    "Get behind me!"
    He straps on Joepaz Godgift, plays a defiant major power-chord and he unleashes 'Thunderwave' upwards at the falling debris, timing it as well as he can, in the hopes that he is able to push it aside and save some people (notably himself).

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Mags shouts at the crowds
    "Get behind me!"
    He straps on Joepaz Godgift, plays a defiant major power-chord and he unleashes 'Thunderwave' upwards at the falling debris, timing it as well as he can, in the hopes that he is able to push it aside and save some people (notably himself).
    The righteous chords erupt into the air, the soft jungle soil yielding to solid rock as it is thrown backward into the sky. The cube of force expands and shields at least a hundred people, many of whom look at Mags in awe.

The emperor of Osinzir salutes from across the valley.

The main valley itself has its surface melted.

A captain of the guard shouts to Mags.

"The main shockwave and dust debris should be on us soon mighty Bard"

• Advertisement

The righteous chords erupt into the air, the soft jungle soil yielding to solid rock as it is thrown backward into the sky. The cube of force expands and shields at least a hundred people, many of whom look at Mags in awe.

The emperor of Osinzir salutes from across the valley.

The main valley itself has its surface melted.

A captain of the guard shouts to Mags.

"The main shockwave and dust debris should be on us soon mighty Bard"
    "Fly, you fools!"
    Mags runs for whatever cover he can see.

"Fly, you fools!"
    Mags runs for whatever cover he can see.
    OOC: Dex check

OOC: Dex check

OOC: Can I cast 'Enhance Ability - Cat's Grace' on myself to get advantage on the DEX roll?

Also, would running away and hiding behind something big and strong be more of an STR (Athletics) roll rather than a DEX roll? With a STR check I'd get a +3 modifier and a +1 using Jack of all trades rather than a paltry +2 proficiency bonus for DEX.

Am I doing this right yet? :)

OOC: I'll go with the STR(Athletics) check, it would be an alternate way of doing it. Target 15

OOC: I rolled a 6.

"Jungle, Retty, my claws were meant to grip soil"

She sees none in her vicinity, though as Hetyaro rises he sees some ahead of her having just left Iltsu. He swings around and sees that the majority are behind her, trying to contain the fallout from the explosion and continue the race.

"Ok, jungle it is then. Zhulugal is directly west if you don't mind a bit of foliage"

Ooc : at this point we should be getting towards familiar territory that Retula has been through before and would therefore have some degree of Outlander-sense for that might help her identify the quickest route.... Right....? right...?

"These boots look a little flimsy for this kind of offroading. We should hit the main road to Osinzir just outside of Zhulugal though, I'll give 'em a try then. You guys follow as best you can or pick me up and drag me if they're some kind of paralysing deathboots!"

She looks back at the mushroom cloud.

"I hope no one got hurt.... The last thing that Oni needs is more paperwork..."

"Ok, jungle it is then. Zhulugal is directly west if you don't mind a bit of foliage"
    "No problem!"

He picks up the pace a bit an clears Iltsu's residential area, passing the last few wooden hits near a stream and heading into the jungle.

I2VMdP.jpg
    Ooc : at this point we should be getting towards familiar territory that Retula has been through before and would therefore have some degree of Outlander-sense for that might help her identify the quickest route.... Right....? right...?
    OOC: I'll accept that, survival roll.

Ooc : me and my big mouth. 6. :(

Tsoin stops quite suddenly looking around after following Retula's directions for a bit.

"Zhulugal should be in sight now right? We've gone a bit off course I think, any ideas Retty or will I just use my instinct?"

• Advertisement

"dude, If I had an itchy hole i couldn't find it to scratch it right now. Lead on"

Advertisement